The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

egr solenoide part broke, is there aftermarker or get stock one

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoggTalon

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 13, 2012
Mankato, Minnesota
i have a egr solenoid part where the hose was that broke off... where could i get a dif on and is there aftermarket ones... do you think i should go aftermarket inside or stock and what are some good sites to get aftermarket parts for 95 eagle talon tsi

If you don't have to pass emissions than i would just block of the egr valve and not worry about the solenoid.

If I'm not mistaken that looks VERY similar to a Boost Control Selonoid for a 1g?

If it is so, you could just leave it plugged into the wire harness and run a vacuum line from the outlet on your turbo to the nipple on the wastegate to run wastegate spring pressure. Or if you have an aftermarket boost gauge run a manual boost controller.

But leave it plugged in electronically or could throw a CEL on 2g's.

If I'm not mistaken that looks VERY similar to a Boost Control Selonoid for a 1g?

If it is so, you could just leave it plugged into the wire harness and run a vacuum line from the outlet on your turbo to the nipple on the wastegate to run wastegate spring pressure. Or if you have an aftermarket boost gauge run a manual boost controller.

But leave it plugged in electronically or could throw a CEL on 2g's.

This is for the egr valve, not a boost control solenoid. IT has to have both nipples to work in this application.

it has two nipples on it and one of mine broke off and i was wondering where you could get a dif one or is there a aftermarket one you could get

it has two nipples on it and one of mine broke off and i was wondering where you could get a dif one or is there a aftermarket one you could get

You can buy an aftermarket from rockauto.com, part number VS161 for 56 bucks. You can also buy a new oem one from the dealership, or buy a used one from a salvage yard of classifieds. You can also just block the egr valve off and not worry about it.

when you block it off doesnt it throw a cel at you or something... if you take that out with it run just fine with it and what well the dif be with out

is there a dif between the aftermarker one from the stock one

when you block it off doesnt it throw a cel at you or something... if you take that out with it run just fine with it and what well the dif be with out

It won't throw a cel if you leave the solenoid plugged in. All the ecu is looking for is resistance in the circuit for the solenoid. IT won't know it the egr valve is there or not. It will run just as it did before with the egr valve. IT will also keep your intake manifold and throttle body from getting carbon on them if you block it off. The egr valve allows exhaust gasses to flow into the intake manifold.

so pretty much that is just does the samething as stock one nothing dif or makes it better

do you have your plugged in and blocked off

so pretty much that is just does the samething as stock one nothing dif or makes it better

do you have your plugged in and blocked off

It is no better than a stock one, there is really nothing to upgrade with the solenoid, it is just a vacuum switch. It is just a oe equivalent replacement.

As for whether or not i have mine blocked off, i've blocked off the egr on every car dsm that i've ever owned (many of them) and the ones that i've built.

oh ok thanks you have been big help

if i ever have any question can i message you

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back