The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A EGR block plate difficulties

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsipple

Probationary Member
May 11, 2023
Costa Mesa, California
Hey all, I recently bought an EGR block-off plate for my 1999 Eclipse GS and when I went to install it there is no way in hell that this plate would fit (even though it said it would on the website I bought it from). I have only found one picture of a block plate that would fit over the opening and I have it attached here.

Any help in figuring out why mine is different than all the others I have seen on here would be greatly appreciated as well as anyone having a link to a plate that looks like the attached photo. Thank you!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

There is not many places left selling "performance" 420a parts. The dodge neon DOHC parts are semi-interchangeable. I believe the EGR will work from one of them.

Here is a neon kit that will probably fit.

@BLACK'98DSM will know where to get one specified for the 420a engine if anyone does.

The egr probably was sold to you wrong because outside of the knowledgeable DSM community there is a lot of people who get confused between the 90-94 N/A eclipse which was a 4g63 non turbo and then the 95-99 non-turbo was a 420a. To also add to the confusion the 95-99 non-turbo cars in some other countries (europe for sure) came with non-turbo 4g63 engines still.

I bought my blockoff plates from Ebay a few years back. They didn't come with gaskets or hardware so I bought some stainless steel allen bolts from the hardware store and ordered OEM gaskets. Not sure if the ones I ordered are still available anymore since it's been a while.

It looks like the link from Modern Performance that @97egl posted will work. The plates and gaskets should be identical. The only difference I could imagine is possible different thread pitch on the intake side bolts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back