The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Edz Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Snipes

Probationary Member
May 20, 2020
Tucson, Arizona
I know many have done the swap but I can’t find much info that isn’t 10 years old. I’m wanting to do the edz 2.4 block with srt4 internals, I need to know what motor mount I need for the passenger and what oil pan will work? The info would be greatly appreciated.

The information you're finding is that old because I don't think much has changed since then. I never did the swap, but as far as I know, you'll have to fabricate your own passenger side motor mount and notch a 2.4L oil pan to get it to fit.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The bolt for engine passes thru the frame into the mount and then to the motor. With the engine in place the trans mount occupied almost the same space as the drivers side frame. Witch could be solved 2 ways, moving the mount inwards or notching the rail. I choose the hard way.

2.4 edz upper roll stop mount. The other is on bottom of the motor same side and would mount to the bottom of passenger frame rail. No need for a north south bar using 2.4edz. So no oil pan mds needed

Youve already been told what to do on various media platforms, by people who have done it. There is no "use this part and it drops right in".
You can do do all this other fab work to avoid pan fab work. Or you can fab a pan and avoid other fab work. There is fab work. Period.
If fab work isnt possible, then dont bother with the swap.
Removing the crossmember to get around pan modification is a poor solution. The srt4 was poorly designed in that regard. Thats why you see aftermarket parts that re incorporate a cross memeber with another roll stop, like the 420a platform has from the factory.
You're searching for a bolt solution that doesnt exist man.

@NWHTanK. Did you ever finish?
Lots of work for that srt4 combo. Hopefully you were able to get it on the road?

Long story short I bought the rolled srt neon for 250. After getting to that point in the swap a friend of mine blew his trans and couldn't find one at the time, so he bugged me about mine. The only way I would sell would be as a combo, kind of useless to do a swap with out a trans. So after some time he coughed up the my asking price which I then used to buy several 4g63 cars . ;) . One which I still own to this day and is getting more mods.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back