The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ECUPlus offering more stuff than DSMLink

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I checked out their site and the forums and it looks like a real good product. It looks like the tech supportis real good also. Tom seems to respond very quickly to all of the questions. I like the estimated dyno pull feature that is like the G tech thing.I also like that after you adjust your maps and do another log you can see if it was a positive change. It seems like he also keeps making downloadable upgrades to it. The biggest down fall i se about it is not being able to use larger injectors than 750s.

The biggest down fall i se about it is not being able to use larger injectors than 750s.

From the ECU Plus Forums...

"The deal with bigger injectors is that they do flow more for a given pulse width, but they don't flow linearly more, and the ECU+'s injector scaling compensates linearly. So what happens is that the ECU+ ends up overcompensating at low loads, so you need to richen it at the bottom end."

The other option is to get an E-Prom with a Stage III chip that is burned for bigger injectors, but then the cost ends up being more than DSMLink

From the ECU Plus Forums...

"The deal with bigger injectors is that they do flow more for a given pulse width, but they don't flow linearly more, and the ECU+'s injector scaling compensates linearly. So what happens is that the ECU+ ends up overcompensating at low loads, so you need to richen it at the bottom end."

The other option is to get an E-Prom with a Stage III chip that is burned for bigger injectors, but then the cost ends up being more than DSMLink

So if you installed larger injectors you would have to manualy add more fuel at lower rpmson the fuel map instead of using the base fuel map? I wonder if you have to type in that they are 750s or you can type in actual injector size if you use larger injectors?

I wonder if you have to type in that they are 750s or you can type in actual injector size if you use larger injectors?

There is a drop-down menu with injector sizes in it to choose from. You can additionally type in your injector size if its not listed.

So if you installed larger injectors you would have to manualy add more fuel at lower rpmson the fuel map instead of using the base fuel map? I wonder if you have to type in that they are 750s or you can type in actual injector size if you use larger injectors?

You would select the injectors that you have (upto 750ccs) and then add fuel at lower RPMs because the injectors don't flow linearly but the ECU+ compensates for them linearly.

So are they going to make it so it has a better injector compensation feature so you can run up to at least 1150cc injectors? If they dont do that it will never beable to fully compete with dsmlink or emanage.

I still think DSMLink is going to be better, not to bash ECU+ but I run e85 and on a gt35r 750's would get you no where with a 35r. I still think AEM EMS is the best but who can afford to shell out over a $1,000 for an ECU in there street car? I can't.

Basically, ECUPlus is not for people running more than 750cc injectors, unless you have an EPROM and a chip burned for bigger injectors.

For people who need no bigger than 750ccs, it has more stuff than DSMlink V.2, atleast until V.3 comes out. Other than ECUPlus's inability to properly handle bigger injectors (I say properly because you may end up having to use the +/- 15 degrees of timing adjustability if using, for example, 1000cc injectors with ECUPlus and still not be able to tune the car), ECUPlus cannot bump up idle RPM like DSMLink or a chipped EProm for someone using 272/FP2 type cams.

Either way, it is up to the individual consumer to decided what is best for them. We should all be happy that people are developing new ways of tuning for our dsm's. Now for the guys with smaller bank accounts and moderate hopes of mods they have a new solution. For the rest, we can all continue to wait for V3 but dont forget to thank these guys for there HOURS of hard work. I know how they feel, currently trying to design manifolds (intake and exhaust), o2 housings, just about anything that can be fabricated. Its hard work but we all know it pays off in the end.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back