The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECUflash ECUFlash: Possible to flash DSM ECU after Evo Swap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melbowski

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 23, 2008
Reese, Michigan
After converting over to the Evo8 ECU it dawns on me that I have 3 98/99 DSM ECU's hanging around that I've stockpiled over the last few years. With Ceddymods at a dead halt and the extensive capabilities of the Evo8 ECU I don't think I'll ever be switching back, so it's time for these to go. However, I've flashed my rom onto all of the DSM ECU's to test them in the past. I'm wondering if I can reflash them back to base Ceddymods, without having to rewire all the pins back around.

From what I can see from what I've swapped, the only wires that aren't straight removed are for the fans, the a/c, and the fuel pump. None of those should be activated just turning the key to "on" without starting it (A/C off obviously), and the removed pins shouldn't effect flashing. That said, do you think I'd be safe plugging my DSM ECU's in and flashing them all back to the stock Ceddymods rom?

I'm certainly not against swapping all the pins back to do it, but I'd like to tear my plugs apart as little as possible. Plus, from what I can see there really doesn't seem to be a reason to do so just to flash them. At the same time I don't want to end up with 3 paper-weights by bricking them, nor do I want somebody to unwittingly swap these in while running stock fuel and wreck their motor with my rom for 750cc injectors. Let me know your thoughts, and thank you all for your time.

Pins for reference:

Pin #: After Swap; (DSM ECU Function)

91: Removed; (Park/Neutral)
87: Removed; (Closed TPS)
79: Flash Pin; (Same Flash Pin)
58: Removed; (Tach)
46: Removed; (Torque Reduction A/T)
43: Removed; (Torque Reduction A/T)
42: Removed; (A/C Pressure Switch)
39: Removed; (N/A)
34: Cooling Fan Low; (N/A)
32: Cooling Fan High; (N/A)
22: Fuel Pump Relay; (A/C Clutch)
21: Removed; (Cooling Fan Low)
20: Removed; (Cooling Fan High)
16: Removed; (Boost Gauge)
08: A/C Clutch; (Fuel Pump)

Update:

Well, I went out and flashed one today. I pulled the old ROM from it with no problems, so I flashed a fresh Ceddymods ROM. It completed successfully, and I pulled the ROM back off and it's the clean new Ceddymods ROM. Looks like it works just fine; I'll post again after I test it on a running car. Still open to any words of wisdom, or suggestions. Thanks again.

Last edited:
I dont see why not. The only thing that moved that would be a concern would be the ac/fuel pump wiring... Even then all that would happen if you tried starting the car would be that the ac compressor would turn on instead of the fuel pump so I dont think you would ever truly get the car started even if you had the ac on when you turned the car over. But if it were me I think I would want to swap everything back over so I could ops check the ecu to make sure that ceddy mods took and I wasnt selling someone a bum ecu.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back