The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECUflash ECUflash on 98-99 ECU now working!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumper_1151

Probationary Member
Sep 9, 2007
valparaiso, Indiana
Acording to openecu.org they state that they now have ecuflash working for the 98-99 h8 ecus. I was wondering if anyone has confirmed this yet. I would have posted in the tuning forum but due to the 50 post requirement I must post here. I think this is great news for the dsm comunity for a great tuning option.

Yes I saw this too. In the compatibility list they have 96+ ecu's as being flashable which is interesting but probably not true. The only thing that needs to be done is create a correct xml definition file that has the correct addresses.

I've been messing around with this using the evo5base and evo5 definition to read the 99 gsx hex file I have and the maps show up correctly but the axes(rpm vs load) are wrong. Apparently the evos have the map axes defined in the rom and dsms calculate the axes.

I have the rom and modified em2364.xml file if anyone wants to give a shot at correcting the axes problem to make a usable xml.

I am interested too would like to know if anyone with a 98 99 ecu has been able to read modify and upload the modded rom to the ecu

Has anyone tried this new 98-99 reflashing capailities on the ecuflash sw? have a 98 car and would like to try this instead of dsmlink

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back