The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECUflash ECUFlash Fuel/Timing Maps

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoostdDSM

Supporting Member
Feb 1, 2008
West Bend, Wisconsin
So I just got my injectors in and have been doing a lot of logging and studying the fuel/timing maps in ECUFlash. I've got a couple questions though...
1. when logging my load gets as high as 280 before i shift, im running 20psi on a small 16g which seems too high...
2. if load is suppose to be that high what should i do in order to make the fuel/timing maps go up that high since stock they only go up to 180?

Attachments

• Capture EvoScan Log.jpg
    Capture EvoScan Log.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 586
  • Capture fuel map.jpg
    Capture fuel map.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 519
1. I see around 180-200 load at 12psi on a 16g so your load doesn't seem too strange at 20psi

2. Ceddymods have big maps but you have to purchase it.

Ok, well I did purchase the big fuel maps but when I just flashed them to my car without modifying the fuel maps at all it seemed way worse than it does on the regular ceddymods so i took it off. i was under the impression that the big fuel maps were identical with the stock fuel maps but just larger...

Here is a video series of ECUFlash for Evos. The program is the same for DSM's and the process is the same. Obviously the ROMS are different in the video. Its long and has a bunch of information. I watched it twice before I messed with anything to make sure I had an idea of what I was doing. Hope this helps

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKRohS_WSq8]Intro to EcuFlash - 1 of 16 (How to Tune an Evo) - YouTube[/ame]

PS.

You don't need big maps to tune for higher load values. There's a section in the video series that addresses this, but essentially its scaling the load cells to fit your needs.

The video explains better but I'll give a brief example.

The ECU interpolates between the cells. So in low load scenarios, (say the three leftmost columns) the rpm vs load values are all the same. You can gain more columns by changing the load from 10, 30, 50, to 10, 50, (getting rid of the 30 load column) and gain a new column. As long as the values for the entire column are the same for load 10, 30, and 50, nothing will change because the ECU interpolates between them anyways. Now you have a new row to use for a higher load value.

Like I said, that sounds confusing and the video explains it better.

Just make sure that after scaling the AFR tables, the Timing tables have the same scaling. It makes the tuning easier.

Ok well I tried to scale the stock map to allow me to edit the values in the 280 range for load but the highest i could get it to was 260... Does anyone have a close setup as I do that could post a picture of their timing/fuel maps to give me a rough idea on what mine should look like? I'm running 20psi on a small 16g with FIC 750's and HKS 272's...

So I just got my injectors in and have been doing a lot of logging and studying the fuel/timing maps in ECUFlash. I've got a couple questions though...
1. when logging my load gets as high as 280 before i shift, im running 20psi on a small 16g which seems too high...
2. if load is suppose to be that high what should i do in order to make the fuel/timing maps go up that high since stock they only go up to 180?

... without modifying the fuel maps at all it seemed way worse than it does on the regular ceddymods so i took it off...

Since you are way beyond the stock maps and the big maps don't rock your world, try combining the two to maintain what you like about the tune you run now while benefiting from the scaling of the big maps.

Copy the known cells from your current tune and paste them directly on top of what is in the big maps. Smooth to your liking from 180+ and you should find you have much more control over what happens and when.

That's a really good idea... I'll have to play with the fuel maps and see what i can do. I'll post back a picture of the big fuel map next to the stock fuel map and see what you guys think.

Hey we probably have close to the same set up this is what my timing map look like

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Also make sure you don't have a boost leak or else tuning with be really hard!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back