The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ecu

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig1970

Proven Member
Sep 9, 2016
Warren, Rhode_Island
ok so i have a 97 gsx and my tuner suggested i chip it with ecmlink v3 now what i didnt know was that if the battery gets disconnected i lose the tune .
so my question to you all is would there be a better alternative to what was done ?
i am still kind of new to this more of a muscle car guy but always loved the look of the 90's eclipses

If your referring to ECMLink V3 losing the tune when disconnected from power, that is incorrect. V3 stores the current tune if power is disconnected for both 1g and 2g platforms. This was an improved feature for the 2g platform from the previous version (V2/2.5). Perhaps you may want to review the V3 summary page for additional detail/features:

http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/v3summary

I am /was only going by what my tuner told me so I guess he is wrong maybe he doesn't know that ...I will inform him as to what you have said and look at the page you linked and thank you !

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back