1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Ecu wont throw a code!!!!!

Posted by RNR_MOTORS, Apr 30, 2011

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. RNR_MOTORS

RNR_MOTORS Probationary Member

Joined Feb 9, 2009
    novi, Michigan
    so i dont run a cat. no check engine cause of it.I removed the cannister. Oh i recently also found my coolant level sensor broken and i have ran without it all week and still no codes nor that annoying light. So my question is: is this a good thing or a bad thing cause it looks like i can pretty much do anything and no light comes on.:hmm:

2. boostdawd

boostdawd Supporting Member

Joined Apr 6, 2010
    phoenix, Arizona
    What I would do is take it to an auto zone and do an OBD test.Check and see if it gives any pending codes.Also,when you turn your key does the light display?:hmm:

Street Build 774  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM

Drag Race Build 4K  10

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  3. RNR_MOTORS

RNR_MOTORS Probationary Member

Joined Feb 9, 2009
    novi, Michigan
    no codes pending i checked that. and yes the light flashes when you first turn the key weird right

4. gsxbullet

gsxbullet Probationary Member

Joined Jun 5, 2010
    Richland, Washington
    im not running at cat either, i also dont get a check engine light.

178  0

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM