The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

ecu question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spic21

10+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2010
albany, Louisiana
ok if youve seen my last post i decide to go with ecmlink for my 90 talon tsi awd. before i make this order i have some ecu questions. i had 3 different ecus but can only find 2 now. i know there both non eprom but just want to make sure there both for my car before i send one off to have work done to it. yrs ago i was told i had a comp problem but it ended up something else so i dont know which one came with it. i wrote down all the numbers i could find on them, so here we go.

first ecu is the one thats in my car now. on top ecu in ink stamped:
MD128625
E2T34474
9522 A

then on side with white sticker:
E2T34474A

second ecu on top:
MD145903
E2T34478
0327 A

then on side with white sticker:
E2T34478A

if there both same then guess i should just pick one. if not which one should i use?

-MD145903 is a '90 M/T AWD Federal ECU
-MD128625 is a '90 M/T FWD Federal ECU​
They're both '90 Federal ECU's so either will work for your car, since your AWD you might just keep it in the family and send the MD145903 ECU in to be socketed.

You can't be 100% sure without opening it up but your MD145903 ECU has a good change of being an EPROM unit. Remove the (4) screws holding on the case and check the ECU's circuit board, if its an EPROM unit it will look like this...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:dsm:

-MD145903 is a '90 M/T AWD Federal ECU
-MD128625 is a '90 M/T FWD Federal ECU​
They're both '90 Federal ECU's so either will work for your car, since your AWD you might just keep it in the family and send the MD145903 ECU in to be socketed.

You can't be 100% sure without opening it up but your MD145903 ECU has a good change of being an EPROM unit. Remove the (4) screws holding on the case and check the ECU's circuit board, if its an EPROM unit it will look like this...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:dsm:

thanks i opened both a neither is a eprom.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back