The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G ECU Help won't start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generation1JeY

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 5, 2004
San Diego, California
Ok my car just died all of a sudden when i was driving it the other day. I was sitting at a light and it just died. I tried to start it again and it wouldnt start, and it still does start. The engine is turning over, but its just not firing.

Would this be the cause of leaky capacitors eating the ecu? I pulled my ecu one time cause i was worried about cap leak and it had some severe leakige on a few of them. If the ecu is infact ruined from the leaky caps. Would it cause the engine to not start at all?

Also if this is my problem, where would be a good place to get a replacement ECU? and also what would be an appropriate price for a stock ecu for my car? I have an offer to buy one for 175 shipped right now, sounds like a good deal but i need to check about the caps and everything.

I have a 92 Eclipse GSX manual tranny AWD 6-bolt motor (built in febuary, if that maters at all?)

thx

-jordan

I had an ECU problem with my car a few months ago and it kept the car from starting. Definitely sounds like an ECU problem to me, especially if you noticied that there was any leakage at all. You may want to check into having your old ECU fixed before buying a used one. Depending on how bad the damage is, it could save you money and even future problems with another used ECU. Contact "Steve" on these forums, he may be able to give you more information/advice.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back