The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G ECU harness help/wires necessary?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95burgundyesi

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2006
Rockford, Illinois
Bought a turbo 2g roller, and I removed the dash to take care of some things I knew going into the project. This car had no power steering, no a/c, and a semi wire tuck; I noticed some wires that had been cut and no longer running back into the main harness.

ECU pin #5 ISC motor coil (B1), Pins #10 #23 Ignition power transistor (A&B), #21 Cooling fan motor relay (low)

Can anyone tell me if these are essential if I plan on running the car on speed density via DSMLink. Thank you.

ECU pin #5 ISC motor coil (B1), Pins #10 #23 Ignition power transistor (A&B), #21 Cooling fan motor relay (low)

Can anyone tell me if these are essential if I plan on running the car on speed density via dsmlink. Thank you.

Those wires to the PTU are required to fire the coils. The ISC motor wire would possibly disable that one as well, messing up your idle control. And it is generally a good idea to have cooling fans.

If they cut them, then it make me wonder why they cut them.

Yeah, at this point I am going to have to plug my EPROM ECU in and check what logs and what doesn't.

The PTU plug and PTU are there under the hood, and from reading the could would still get power but never fire if not plugged in, so I will just pull wires and check for an arc.

Cooling fan high is still present, an easy test via link, just check always on and cross fingers.

This is what it was, but I received no longblock/trans.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back