The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECUflash ECU Flash Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iloveboost

Proven Member
Jul 25, 2014
Vacaville, California
I have a my tactrix cable, Open Port 2.0 and ECU Flash. I have a 99 GST. I have a win 7. I have Ceddy Mods in the right directory. Everything appears OK but I get an error when I try and download the stock ROM.

How does the reflash adapter work? Where does it go (I know where it goes on the tactrix)? Do I need it for a 99 Gst?

I have read that you should put ECU Flash in is own directory and not in Programs files for win 7. Could this be an issue?

Ceddy Mods does not have ROM available for a 99 GST. Can I use the 98 GST ROM? I see the 98 is listed as a 2055 ECU and the 99 shows 2363. If I can't use 2055 where can I get ROMs for 99 gst? Does not appear to be on Ceddy's website.

Thanks For The Help!

Ceddy mods are built from the 2055 ROM, which is, if I remember correctly a 1998 GST. If you don't use that ROM it won't work. You can use it, I'm using that same one on my 99 GSX and there are no problems.

I got the same error when I tried to download my stock rom too. However, I said screw it and went ahead and re-flashed the Big Maps onto my ECU. I found out that the Big Maps are a little more aggressive with timing than the stock maps. So you may need to pull timing to avoid any knock. Don't know if the regular Ceddy maps are like that or not as I didn't use them.

Also, the reflash connector plugs into the port right behind your OBDII port under the dash.

I'm also using the Ceddy Rom on my 98 GSX no problem. I think the GST and GSX ROMs are identical except for speed limiting, but don't quote me on that.

I got the same error when I tried to download my stock rom too. However, I said screw it and went ahead and re-flashed the Big Maps onto my ECU. I found out that the Big Maps are a little more aggressive with timing than the stock maps. So you may need to pull timing to avoid any knock. Don't know if the regular Ceddy maps are like that or not as I didn't use them.

Also, the reflash connector plugs into the port right behind your OBDII port under the dash.

I'm also using the Ceddy Rom on my 98 GSX no problem. I think the GST and GSX ROMs are identical except for speed limiting, but don't quote me on that.

Cool. I have a reflash connector on order and I think that is my problem because the unit is required to put the ECU into programming mode. I will try that and see if I have to move the software location or not. I really appreciate the info on the Ceddy ROM. That is what I have in the file folder now, so hopefully everything works out. I wanted to get used to using the software a bit before I start my build.

Thanks!

Ok, so I got my reflash connector and I reinstalled ECU Flash so it is in C:\ECU Flash directory. I put the Ceddy mod files in the Mitsubishi Eclipse directory. I am still getting the same error. Seems to see the ECU fine as it can pull down the serial number. It just cant download or upload. I still don't see the right ECU under the car models and the base flash tune walk through said I would have to find the right definitions for my car. Is there something more I need that is not in the Ceddy zip file that has 2055011 in it? I put one hex file and one XML in the Eclipse directory. Any help or insight you can give would be great. I need proof of concept that I can login in to the ECU, backup the stock ROM and upload the base Ceddy ROM before I start my build and change turbo and fuel injectors.

Attachments

• 2015-05-02 15.09.03.jpg
    2015-05-02 15.09.03.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 2015-05-02 15.09.33.jpg
    2015-05-02 15.09.33.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 121
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back