The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECUflash ECUflash reading stock ROM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wing3r09

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 14, 2012
MONROE, Michigan
Since I don't have the privilege to post in the thread this should be I'll post here.

Im trying to run ceddy mods with ecuflash. When trying to get my stock rom off the ECU I get this Error:

" An error has occurred. See Log for details. "
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I've been trying to follow this thread, but things don't seem to be matching up.http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/how-to-get-a-basic-tune-with-ecuflash.407715/

I downloaded the ROM (ROM -> 20550011 <-Most Updated ROM ) from Ceddy and it saved as a .bin file.
I tried to download the xml file (DEF -> 20550011 <-Updated 7/17/09) but when I clicked link it brought up this.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I was able to right click and "save as" SO i dropped those in the folder the first thread said.

I'm lost.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 1.53.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 1.53.19 PM.png
    43 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_3597.JPG
    IMG_3597.JPG
    268.4 KB · Views: 508
Im having the same problem and Im getting mixed answers on a question I have. I'm wondering if you have to have the reflash connector on the 98 and 99 cars. Someone told me that you only have to have them on cars that did not come factory with the black box ECU. If someone could clear that up for me that would be awesome. I can order the reflash connector, has anybody successfully tuned a 1998 or 1999 without the reflash connector? Thanks in advance.

That is what im starting to think too. Ceddy's post (http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/first-flashed-dsm-ecu-98-99-flashing-faq.338754/) he said you only needed it on the 95-97 but ive been trying to read my ECU for days and I have all the files in the right locations and Im still having zero luck with it.. I guess ill have to order the reflash connector. Anybody have any clue if I can just make one with a 3.5mm audio cable?

I finally got it to read. I made one with a mono 2.5mm plug i got at radioshack and spliced the wire in behind the plug where you plug the reflash connector. Works like a charm. I did load up the ceddy rom but im having trouble setting up the launch control functions so ill have to read up on that. Thanks for all the help!

You have to enable them in setup-bits as well with a 1 instead of 0, look at page one, that will guide you how :)

I have done that. But I do have a question on the "all mods off" tab is says off=0 or 1=enable, that should be a zero or I am just overthinking it and should it be a 1? On Ceddys webpage it shows a "1" but how look at it I think if you wanted the mods on you should put a zero in for its value and not a 1. I am def a newb at this tuning game and I am just trying to take some baby steps to figure it out.

I figured it out. It needed to have 1 as the value and not zero. I dont know what I was thinking. I figured it was something simple like that though.

Hey guys,
There is a tech around here to understand the "ceddy config bits"?
I'm a little bit (LOL) confused about what they exactly do, ie for a Stock (unlocked) rom, what I have to check with 1?
Using mod-1v9Cb-MAF.hex

Grazie!!!

Are these loggers and tuners available for 1992 AWD Eagle's ...... and how hard are they to get set up and working. I am thinking about trying these out

Hey guys,
There is a tech around here to understand the "ceddy config bits"?
I'm a little bit (LOL) confused about what they exactly do, ie for a Stock (unlocked) rom, what I have to check with 1?
Using mod-1v9Cb-MAF.hex

Grazie!!!
Did you ever find your answer? If not message me and I will help.

That's very interesting. I assumed with the open port 2.0 cable, you did not need a reflash connector.

What did you guys connect the other end of the cable to?
You need the Mitsubishi reflash adapter ($10). It plugs into the flash port under the dash, and then has an auxiliary jack on the other end that plugs into the OpenPort 2.0. Without the reflash adapter you can only log. You can make a reflash adapter if you want, but for $10, you might as well just buy one.

That is what im starting to think too. Ceddy's post (http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/first-flashed-dsm-ecu-98-99-flashing-faq.338754/) he said you only needed it on the 95-97 but ive been trying to read my ECU for days and I have all the files in the right locations and Im still having zero luck with it.. I guess ill have to order the reflash connector. Anybody have any clue if I can just make one with a 3.5mm audio cable?

Ceddy said you only needed them on the 95-97.......he meant you needed to add them on 95-97 cars because it wasn't there from the factory as it was there on 98-99 cars.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back