The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECUflash ECUflash reading stock ROM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wing3r09

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 14, 2012
MONROE, Michigan
Since I don't have the privilege to post in the thread this should be I'll post here.

Im trying to run ceddy mods with ecuflash. When trying to get my stock rom off the ECU I get this Error:

" An error has occurred. See Log for details. "
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I've been trying to follow this thread, but things don't seem to be matching up.http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/how-to-get-a-basic-tune-with-ecuflash.407715/

I downloaded the ROM (ROM -> 20550011 <-Most Updated ROM ) from Ceddy and it saved as a .bin file.
I tried to download the xml file (DEF -> 20550011 <-Updated 7/17/09) but when I clicked link it brought up this.

I was able to right click and "save as" SO i dropped those in the folder the first thread said.

I'm lost.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 1.53.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 1.53.19 PM.png
    43 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_3597.JPG
    IMG_3597.JPG
    268.4 KB · Views: 508
Yup, bought it straight from Tactrix, along with the reflash connector.

Let me know as well.

So what I think so far is that I don't have the right vechicle definitions. The guide said to put the ceddy mod files in the eclipse directly but it ALSO said to download the vechicle definitions. I know we are both connecting to the ECU because it at least sees it and reads the serial number. Just no upload or download. Just sucks cause I am not doing my mods until I get this figured out. There doesn't seem to be a lot of ECU Flash guys or they are real quiet. Creddy himself has not been on for years.

Yeah there is no support is seems. All the shops i've talked to said they only tune with link.

I should be connecting because Ive logged before with evo scan. Though i've never been able to read the log because of another error code (something with excel i think).

I Just finshed my my build,
Holset 35, FIC 950's and a bunch more.

Just tried with Ceddy's 99 GSX Rom and DEF and got the same error message.

Get in touch with Stacy (My1GDSM) he remote tuned my car with ceddy/evo scan and I never had any issues on the software side of things. I'm sure he'd be willing to get you guys sorted out!

Get in touch with Stacy (My1GDSM) he remote tuned my car with ceddy/evo scan and I never had any issues on the software side of things. I'm sure he'd be willing to get you guys sorted out!

Thank you! I hope he can help me out! Im getting very stressed :/

Sorry guys. I'm not on my laptop. I'll chime in later. Brother in law borrowed laptop for his finals.
I ran into the same problem when I first started flash. Make sure you have the right files saved in the right drives.
and when you want to flash the ecu, make sure you are using the rom files and not xml I believe.

Btw. I have a thread I started with a similar problem. I don't know how to navigate this new layout. Haven't been much on here since it changed. Check for my ecu flash thread. Might help you out

You're saying you can't read from ecu, see if you have your files in the right place. check the red circle I did. Sorry if i said hex or xml files. i meant HEX files

You're saying you can't read from ecu, see if you have your files in the right place. check the red circle I did. Sorry if i said hex or xml files. i meant HEX files

This Is what I have going on as far as files and in their places.

Attachments

• IMG_3598 (2).JPG
    IMG_3598 (2).JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 301
I was able to upload this rom on ECU Flash and clicked Read ECU!

It had thestatus bar across the bottom, and when finished it said ECU flash did not recognize the Rom. I clicked the option it gave me to be able to save it but it is this...

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_3600.JPG
    IMG_3600.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 295
Stock rom is just a backup not much you can do to it. Load the ceddy rom, hit flash, it will ask you to move ur keys to on, then flash. You won't mess anything up if ur stock just flashing ceddy mods.

So that one file is my stock rom? I just want to make sure I don't lose that. In case something does go wrong.

I know how you feel, but you won't ever need it again! The ceddy mods rom is the stock rom just unlocked!!

You can flash it over without any effects as long as you have ceddy bits turned off!

So open 20550011-mod-1v9cb-maf.hex with ecu flash like you did before, hit the flash button!

The init sequences 2 failed means your re-flash cable is the issue!

I had to push the male 2.5mm re-flash mono jack into the female open port 2.0 2.5mm opening and firmly pressed it in, held it. Clicked ok and !!

Wala!

This Is what I have going on as far as files and in their places.

You've stored some ROM images (.bin or .hex) in the definitions folder, which should just have .xml definition files in it. Not a big deal, but not exactly correct. Definitions are just used by the EcuFlash editor to map values in the ROM image to tables so you can edit them. Your ROM image is the actual values in you ECU. So to do this the most correctly, just drop xml definitions in the appropriate folders under the rommetadata directory, and keep your ROM image revisions in a separate folder you might typically use for user data, like a sub folder under Documents.

In an upcoming release we're going to include Ceddy definitions so you won't have to do this. We've always been reluctant to do that because we prefer to keep modified code out of the default EcuFlash installation, but the Ceddy code is so widely used, it just makes sense for us to have it in there.

You can always email support at tactrix dot com if you need a hand using our hardware/software. We're happy to help.

-Mike
Tactrix

when finished it said ECU flash did not recognize the Rom.

Rough is correct in saying that if you're going with the Ceddy ROM, you don't need to worry about not having a definition for you ROM. That said, if you don't mind sending the ROM image to me as an attachment to support at tactrix dot com, I can take a look at it to see if it's close to a ROM we have a definition for, in which case we can add support in case anyone ever wants to edit that particular ROM image.

-Mike
Tactrix

Thanks Mike for the information! I will send you the rom when I log in on my tuning laptop!

Another note to add for further education.. If you are using windows XP, in ecuflash you will not see all the options in text that ceddy mods has, like Bit 10, 04 and below, but they are still there! If you are using windows 7 you will see all the ceddy mod options in text.

This is Xp's View of setup BITS

This is windows 7

I'm not sure how that could happen. I can look in to it though. Can you send me the two XML files from the two computers? Doublecheck that the XML file you're sending me is the one each instance of EcuFlash is using by looking at this line in EcuFlash:

[09:09:22.609] using metadata XML ID A4RG052N from file C:/openecu/source/rommetadata/subaru/Impreza STi/A4RG052N.xml

I say that just in case you happen to have multiple RomMetadata folders. If you give me the two definition files used to give you each of those two setup bit table views, I'll see what I can figure out. Send those to support at tactrix dot com.

Thanks!
Mike

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back