The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ecu caps

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THlSislT

Probationary Member
Nov 11, 2002
Cleveland_Ohio
:rolleyes: i live in cleveland, ohio. i am replacing the caps on my ecu and everyone that i call says, "just call a t.v./radio repair man and they will do it." BS, i called at least 15 so far and not one will do it, no one will touch an ecu. so if you live in ohio or know of an electican that will change the caps could you let me know? thanks

Maybe try taking it to a mechanic? Every mechanic I know can solder(sp?) I mean its not that complicated, But I do understand not wanting to screw something up if you have never done it before (Ecu = big bucks)

I also had the same problem when i had to get mine done. No tv or computer repair shop would touch it because it's "double soldered" (soldered on both sides i guess), so i went to radio shack bought a soldering iron for 7 bux and did it myself. I never soldered anything in my life before and i didnt exactly do a clean job either. But 2 months later my car still works fine and the ecu doesn't have that dank ass smell anymore. funny thing was i remember calling one tv repair shop and asked if they could solder new caps onto a motherboard for me. He said they only repaired certain brands of tv's so i just told him mitsubishi LOL, but when i brought it down there he looked at it and wouldn't do it anymore.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back