The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G ECU and electronics reset when engine starts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr2krazee

Proven Member
Nov 30, 2012
spokane, Washington
I have an issue in my electrical system on my 1g. Each time I turn the car on, the ECU resets as though the battery has been unhooked. The CD player does this as well and will not retain any settings I input.

It first happened after a friend helped with some wiring for an electronic boost gauge. I notice this when I look at mmcd on my Palm emulator, everytime the car starts everything resets, fuel trims, everything. Its beginning to frustrate me as I was prepping to tune the car and now it will not retain any parameters.

It is a 94 chassis with 90 harness and ecu. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may have a weak battery. Does it struggle to start up, slower then normal cranking? Or could be something with the mpi relay.

Last edited:
You may have a weak battery. Does it struggle to start up, slower then normal cranking? Or could be something with the mpi relay.

Come to think of it, on occasion when it sits for a while out in the cold (around 10°F lately) it will crank slightly slower than usual. I believe it more related wiring however as this car is a 94 chassis with 90 wiring. It has strange electronic quirks unlike any of my other DSMs. It has been passed around my group of people in this area and rebuilt and swapped many times.

I think of just selling it and going back to my built ls1 Trans Am as my daily. It seems all I do is work on it since ive gotten it and its performance is mediocre at best for all the mods and tuning it has into it. Ntm im so sick of hearing stories about it belonging to people who "built" it.

Ahhh sorry had to complain to somebody about this abomination of an automobile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beginning to think its a ground issue or a starter cable im at work so I cant look but I just back from lunch and the car shut off and had to power and got to ROLL for a quarter mile and into the driveway where I work... after jiggling the battery around it magically starts again... urrggh stoopid car...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back