The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Ecmlink v3 on Mac osx

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gst-star

Probationary Member
Jun 9, 2009
Watsonville, California
Hey yall im having some issues installing ecmlink on my mac. I've searched on different methods of installing but nothing works. I was able to install ecmlink but when I open the program it only opens(shows the red evo) and it turns back off. I've also tried setting it in 32bit but nothing helps. Any help will be appreciated. Here is my email adress for quicker response and for anyone willing to help. Thanks.
[email protected]

Check all updates for your mac uninstall and reinstall the application.Make sure you do a wired connection for the download so it's not curropted upon download make sure your install right version of ecmlink for mac.I would tell you to check the event viewer but it's a mac.:p

I had trouble at first with my mac. I downloaded one of the mac versions and it didn't work for some reason. Then, I unistalled it and downloaded the other one and checked it was working by viewing logs.

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled ecmlink plenty of times. Also, today i updated softwares and nothing. When i click to open it up in 32bit i get an error. When i dont nothing happens. Im using the disk that came with the ecmlink package for installation. Should i not?

Im on 10.5.8 could that be the problem? The driver installed is tiger. I just installed on my gf's hp laptop and eberything went smoothly but i cant use hers bc she needs it for school. Why is it that i can install it very easy on her windows 7 but it sucks on the mac? Is it something to do with the bits?

Im on 10.5.8 could that be the problem? The driver installed is tiger. I just installed on my gf's hp laptop and eberything went smoothly but i cant use hers bc she needs it for school. Why is it that i can install it very easy on her windows 7 but it sucks on the mac? Is it something to do with the bits?

So you are on 10.5 which is Leopard but you are using the driver for Tiger which is 10.4? That could be your problem right there.
*EDIT - I just looked on ECMTunings site and the drivers are the same from 10.4-10.6 so that should be the correct driver.

Hmm i use my mac all the time for ecmlink. And it works fine. I use it for v3 in my 2g and v2 on my dad's 1g. When i get off work at 9 ill run home and check. I'm running snow leopard. I think I downloaded it from ecmlink but ill check it out and get back to you.

Ok I'm running 10.6.8 apple wise. ECMlink it is 3.21.40. OK so it worked for me this way. Go to there website and click on the link, where it will down load. When it is finished click on it and it will start the installer. Installed it to applications file. Kept clicking through the installation. Then at the end click run program then click finish and bam it starts right up. I don't know if it helps at all but it is worth a shot. Like I said I use it on multiple cars and have no issues. I didn't change it into a different bits. I just straight up followed the installer.

Ok thanks. I got it to work but what i did was install 3.22.40 instead of 3.21.40 that is stable on the website and the one that came in the disk. This was the only way it worked. Thank you all for the help

Greetings; Any current Macbook users with ECM Link out there? By current, I mean Mac OS 10.13, 10.14? Macbook Pro - 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7. I'm having trouble with the initial connection to the ECU. Wanted to know what combination of drivers and software versions on what OS have been working for you.

Thank you
Justin

Follow up - I was able to connect. My issue was with the USB driver.

Working combination:
i7 MacBook Pro w Mac OS 10.13, and 10.14 tested working OK with:
FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_4_2.dmg
ECM Link v3.36.73

I needed to install and reboot, unplug re-plug, and check for connection.
In one case, just moving the USB cable to another port refreshed the OS, and re-launching ECM link and trying to connect finally worked.

In ECM Link Connection Settings: I have the Bluetooth ports set to skip, and /dev/cu.usbserial-EC2X778M set as default.

Hope this is helpful.
Justin

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back