The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink V3 Can not Connect

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bu3bu3

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 20, 2008
Columbia, Maryland
Hi every one, I have a 1992 GSX with ECMlink V3, that I can not connect to the laptop. I have a Macbook and it gave the error message "No Response Received". I have went to ECMTuning, Inc. and I have brought every thing. I have my brother in law Toshiba and I have brought every thing as well, still the same message "No Response Received." When i connect the USB cable to an open port, the green blinks once, but very fast and still off the whole time. The key is on and all of the lights are on.

I hate electrical crap in this car so please any inputs on this matter. I am going to pull the ECU out and pull out the chip and reconnect it. That will be my plan for tomorrow. Please again I need some help please :banghead:

Just a silly question, do you have the driver installed?

This one:
Mac OS X 10.4+
Supports Tiger (10.4), Leopard (10.5) and Snow Leopard (10.6)

Also do you have the latest version of the software installed? I just updated mine. If you do yours, (I run a Mac, as well) Be sure to right-click on the icon and click on "run in 32 bit" if the program pulls a start up and then immediately close type deal.

I have a Macbook with 10.6.8 and it runs and connects perfect every time. Make sure you have the proper driver's installed, make sure the car is running or the ignition is on, and make sure the cable is plugged in on both ends. Also try quitting the ECMlink program and then restarting it. If everything fails, start checking the ODB port as shown here: http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/connectionproblem?s=diagnostic%20port

Last edited by a moderator:
After verifying the drivers are installed, make sure the LED light on the cable flashes when you plug the USB into the USB port on the computer. If it doesn't come on, it's possible it's bad so try to find someone else with a cable and try theirs then afterward.

Just a silly question, do you have the driver installed?

This one:
Mac OS X 10.4+
Supports Tiger (10.4), Leopard (10.5) and Snow Leopard (10.6)

Also do you have the latest version of the software installed? I just updated mine. If you do yours, (I run a Mac, as well) Be sure to right-click on the icon and click on "run in 32 bit" if the program pulls a start up and then immediately close type deal.

Yes sir the driver were installed on the mac and the pc

I have a Macbook with 10.6.8 and it runs and connects perfect every time. Make sure you have the proper driver's installed, make sure the car is running or the ignition is on, and make sure the cable is plugged in on both ends. Also try quitting the ECMlink program and then restarting it. If everything fails, start checking the ODB port as shown here: connectionproblem [ECMTuning - wiki]

I have seen your post on a smiler topic, I thing the guy has a 95 talon, and in the end he did not connect the chip into the ECU itself, but the light in the cable does not blink just when I connect the USB end, it blinks once a very fast one after that there is no blinking at all.

After verifying the drivers are installed, make sure the LED light on the cable flashes when you plug the USB into the USB port on the computer. If it doesn't come on, it's possible it's bad so try to find someone else with a cable and try theirs then afterward.

I am not a MAC person but I am a PC person and I know a lot when installing stuff. I was seeing the waiting icon and then the PC said every thing installed and ready to use.

When I got it about a year ago, I was able to connect with the MAC, the car has been sitting for about a year without a battery. I am not sure if that will cause anything. I thought the V3 is a better stuff the V2 !!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to check the cable for the LED light regardless if it's a pc or Mac. If the cable has been out in the heat for a while it "may" have broke. Hence why I asked you if the LED came on when you plug t in.

It's always possible that the cable has developed an issue too. Especially since it apparently used to connect fine. Contact us offline if you'd like to send the cable in for testing. Or see if you can find someone local to you to swap parts with to narrow down the problem. Although, given that you're listed in Columbia, MD, we're already pretty local. :)

[email protected]

Thomas Dorris
ECMTuning, Inc.

It's always possible that the cable has developed an issue too. Especially since it apparently used to connect fine. Contact us offline if you'd like to send the cable in for testing. Or see if you can find someone local to you to swap parts with to narrow down the problem. Although, given that you're listed in Columbia, MD, we're already pretty local. :)

[email protected]

Thomas Dorris
ECMTuning, Inc.

When I have upgraded to V3, I have drove to you guys in Fredrick in person even you have a tech who owns a blue Acura Integra and he asked me where did I get the exhaust for my integra. I am going to pull the ECU, so can I bring the cable and the ECU and see what is the problem?? I know its like 105 F here but I am willing to drive so I can get it done once in for all. Thank you:thumb:

Did you at least check to see if the LED flashes when you plug the USB end of the cable into the computer??? Tom and myself aren't asking this for no reason...

it blinks twice when I just connect the usb into the mac, very fast blinks and then there is no more blinking.

By the way I have checked into my Mac book that I have the driver installed, its under USB bus in the USB device tree, where is located underneath mack book hardware overview.

You have any local friend who would let you borrow their cable?

I have a 1g and link I dont kno how u feel about the drive though. i just plugged my cable in today and pulled a log so i know mine is good.

I thank you very much but it is way too far for me, I can save the time and drive to Frederick for the same amount of miles and get the cable just in case it needs a replacement. Really thank you very much for the offer. By the way if you know some one is closer to Columbia I am willing to drive thank you.

I had the ECU connected to the mac back in December of last year when I first got it, but then I did not hook it up until two days ago. I took the battery out around March of this year. The car starts up, but it needs a major tune. I have moved the cable around when I was redoing my interior. Plus it was inside the car the whole time. It might be the heat and cold over the time did mess something up!!!!!!!

Thank you guys for all of the help, and a special thank to Thomas Dorris and ECMTuning, Inc. for fixing the issue. The problem was the USB cable was working properly and they have replaced it for free. Again thank you guys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back