The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMLink tuning help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5taR

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 28, 2010
Wintersville, Ohio
Just put the GST back together. I'm looking for a shop or individual who knows how to get a basic tune to get the car back on the road. Anyone have suggestions?

This is a really long shot question but do u or do u know anyone with an extra dsmlink cable? Im running v2 and had to disconnect my battery and now I need to reload my tune but can't cuz the previous owner of the car didnt give me the cable :banghead:

Unfortunately they have stopped selling just the cables because people were buying/selling bootleg versions of dsmlink and than telling the users to buy the cable from ecmtuning. ......which sucks for people in my shoes and for anyone that loses theirs is kinda screwed....:ohdamn:

That cable wont work since im running with v2.......I guess calling wouldn't hurt even tho everything I have read on here and everywhere else says u cant get em but if it can save me from upgrading to v3 or aem ems than that's money for other mods

Believe me if thats all it was I would have bought it yesterday but when u upgrade from v1/v2 to v3 for the $195 you have to send ecmtuning your v1/v2 cable/adapter as well as the eprom chip.......since im without a cable im not eligible for upgrade.....id have to buy a new v3 at full price which sucks....that's why im trying to find a cable before I do that....and also I dont even know if v3 will read and load my saved v2 tune to the ecu

Ill give emailing him a shot and keep my fingers crossed that everything ive read on here had been wrong LOL. Kinda of a noob question but who is tom cuz the only email I see is the contact us one ([email protected])

Ok so I talked with tom and basically what it looks like is unless I can get my hands on a v2 cable/adapter im screwed LOL. The v3 cable that they do sell will not work with my v2 chip.....and my .ecu v2 tune will not be read bythe v3 software.......so if I dont fine a cable to use or buy im gonna have to buy v3 (and an extra cable jisjust in case) and get my car retuned:ohdamn:

Well it looks like ill more than likely be trying to figure how to copy the tume over for v3 in the near future cuz this cable shit sucks LOL

I sure hope so.....the tune was set up nice on the car and it will save me money not having to get it tuned again.

I know I could get it down im just worried of potentially royally messing something up LOL

You will be fine just make sure you have a wideban o2 I'm starting out all over again with a pretty modded engine so starting from scratch isn't that bad just takes time I'm way out in left field right now but I'm getting closer it helps if you read alot to get an understanding it's sweet when it works even being as bad as it is it's running wayyyyy better then it did before the rebuild

Wideband air/fuel will be the 1st mod I go with before I start trying to tune on my own.....all the expensive parts like built internals and most bolt ons have been taken care of already......cars currently 6 bolt swapped with Eagle crank,Eagle Rods,Je pistons,Ported & polished head, 272 cams, forced performance exhaust manifold, bullseye 50trim turbo, bushur 3" downpipe, rc 780cc injectors and supporting mods for the fuel system, hks ssqv bov, and some other goodies :)

Sounds like you got it goin on, gonna have to come down sun time meet me uo the track for night of grudge racing LOL even though you'll prob slap my daily around LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back