The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink ECMlink stumble when revving and bucking when getting on throttle (closed loop issue?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TupperWare

Probationary Member
May 6, 2020
Portland, Oregon
I have a 98 TSi has a 6 bolt 2.3 stroker, stock 2g head, big turbo, FIC 850s, fuel pump, fpr, FMIC on speed density 95 ecu with '91 cas.

I've tested for boost leaks and verified base timing, I've been fighting with this for awhile. When I try to free rev the car when I try to open the throttle to about 12-20% especially. If I hold it there it will jump up a couple hundred rpm then stumble and almost seem to just turn off until like 400rpm. Then it will stumble to life then rev up, I've tried messing with tip in adjust.

When I give a bunch of throttle 60+% it revs up just fine with a slight hesitation. Then moving to driving, when I get off throttle and get back on even at light throttle especially that 12-20% range. It bucks like crazy until it gets past it or if I give more throttle. It does this at any rpm.

I noticed in a log, I have a wideband and simulating narrow band. In closed loop it's trying to take out fuel when I'm getting on the throttle. And coming to a stop it will be fine until I get to the last 5mph it will stumble out and die. Again it's trying to take out all the fuel when it's catching the idle until it dies.

When I lock it in open loop and the car drives almost perfect. Very VERY light stumble getting on throttle but totally bearable. But I don't want to lock the car into open loop 24/7, I haven't messed with timing tables besides taking timing out in the upper RPMs in boost to keep it safe for now.

Like I said i verified base timing, boost leaks, and installed a new TPS and is the same issue. I've never had this issue with other ECM cars I've had, and the injectors came off my old car that I also has no issue with. I'm stumped at this point. (Yes I tried looking and for some reason I couldn't find anything) I'll post a log when I get my laptop back, I'll post an idle/rev and a cruising log.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an idle and rev, I did it multiple times. I'll have to wait to drive it and get a log since I injured myself LOL. When it was warming up it also died on itself twice I'll have to look into that. I tried changing the Tip In back to stock and it made it worse to where it won't even rev. I also messed with the idle timing on the table and put that back to stock and the car ran worse too so I put it back.

Attachments

• log.idle&rev.elg
    97.8 KB · Views: 14
Well that was looked over being my first stroker, I will adjust that tomorrow and see what happens. Hopefully just fixes all of my problems LOL

Alright got a drive log, I did a couple laps around the block. The on throttle seems to have gotten better but not perfect. That sweet spot of like 12-20% throttle still gives issues. Even when taking off from a stop if I hold it in that spot while slipping the clutch the car will just sputter out and die. But locked in open loop non of these issues occur (didn't do an open loop log)

Attachments

• drive.elg
    52.1 KB · Views: 15
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back