1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

ECMLink No Longer Making Packages

Posted by Dstarperformance01, Nov 2, 2018

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. EVLGSX

EVLGSX Proven Member

Joined Dec 7, 2017
    Wallingford, Connecticut
    pretty sure you just use the dsm eprom unit in the evo if you want an evo 8/9 on link......not unheard of

Street Build 1K  8

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. 95REGF150

95REGF150 Proven Member

Joined Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove, California
    Really? The pinouts are different on the evo 7-9 ecu's hence why we can't just drop the flashable evo ecu into our cars. You have to make a patch harness. So I can't see how you could use a DSM eeprom ecu in the evo without the same thing.

So again I wonder why go through that hassle when the evo flash rom defenitions are so well developed? Is there really that many more features on DSMLink? Looking through the options I don't see where that's the case. Its just way easier to use with good support and software interface. Which I understand makes it worth it for many.

Street Build 1K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  3. Archer Fabrications

Archer Fabrications Supporting Vendor

Joined May 9, 2011
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    That is exactly why, there is a plug and play harness available. Ecmlink is so user friendly and I have been using it for years with good results. It’s my prefrence, ive never used evoscan, and already have my v3 and ecu so, plug and play harness and go!

415  7

2006 Evo 9 MR
    awd · manual · Lancer Evolution
    iugrad92turbo likes this.
  4. 95REGF150

95REGF150 Proven Member

Joined Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove, California
    Ah that makes total sense. I didn't realize someone was selling the patch harness already done. That makes it way easier.

As someone who uses evoscan I can tell you it will get the job done but leaves a lot to be desired compared to other tuning platforms I have used. Definitely not refined.

Street Build 1K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  5. Archer Fabrications

Archer Fabrications Supporting Vendor

Joined May 9, 2011
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    I believe ecmlink sells them, there is an article on their wiki

415  7

2006 Evo 9 MR
    awd · manual · Lancer Evolution
    iugrad92turbo likes this.
  6. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    Ecmlink may be making patch harnesses, I didn't see them in my research, but there are places that make them, as well as patch harnesses to go from 1g/2g harnesses to h8 ecus. Problem is they're all expensive, when I was doing the Evo8 ecu in mine, I just made a jumper and it cost significantly less than buying one.

I believe @twdorris was using ecmlink in his Evo as well at some point, said it ran better than the stock ecu (tho I assume there was some creative adjustments made).

Street Build 189  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

283  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 835  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  1

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM