The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G ECMLink and O2 sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexr254

Proven Member
Jun 18, 2021
Palm Coast, Florida
First I do apologize for being such a noob, but I am so confused as to what I should do.
I truly am trying to learn and understand. It’s just a lot to take in.

At first I thought with the ECMLinkv3 ECU the AFR was being captured and displayed via software.
Now after more research looks like I was way off.
I am in the infant stages of a 99 Spyder 4g64t project.
I am confused as to what to do about the AFR sensor (wideband?).
I am trying to understand wiring and placement of the gauge as well as which sensor to get.

Also am wondering if there are any other gauges I should look into? Those pillar bands usually have space for 3 gauges, I don’t know yet what I would fill them with? :banghead:
It’s dumb I know.

Placement wise, can I use one of those gauge pillar bands in a Spyder? Or is there a better option?

Does this wideband sensor replace the front O2 sensor? Will that not cause a constant CEL? If yes, is there a bypass?

Is there a popular go to wideband gauge/sensor I should get that works well with ECMLink?

So far based on what I’ve found via searches a lot of people have recommended this one.

Is this still the case?
The 6-8 week wait sucks. But if this is worth it I don’t mind waiting.

I am doing the DOHC swap. But am still undecided on which turbo to get, considering I will be sticking with the stock 4g64 pistons. (I know not great, but kinda need to for now).

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s a Jafro video that may help you see what you’re getting yourself into here, this particular one is 1G stuff but may still be helpful.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Boost and oil pressure are common for additional gauges. I can’t answer the question about the Spyder pillar pod (are Spyder pillars different?) ,but you could also look at other mounting options besides a triple pillar pod. I’m a fan of the Ortiz dual cluster pod, although the one I bought has a rough finish and I think I’ll be repainting it.

Yes, as you’ll see in the video I linked, you can use the wideband sensor in place of the factory sensor, and use ECMLink to simulate the narrowband signal. No CEL.

I’ve personally not seen a lot of recommendations for PLX. That doesn’t mean they don’t exist, I just don’t see it much. ECMtuning sells and recommends the Innovate wideband controller.

Here’s a Jafro video that may help you see what you’re getting yourself into here, this particular one is 1G stuff but may still be helpful.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Boost and oil pressure are common for additional gauges. I can’t answer the question about the Spyder pillar pod (are Spyder pillars different?) ,but you could also look at other mounting options besides a triple pillar pod. I’m a fan of the Ortiz dual cluster pod, although the one I bought has a rough finish and I think I’ll be repainting it.

Yes, as you’ll see in the video I linked, you can use the wideband sensor in place of the factory sensor, and use ecmlink to simulate the narrowband signal. No CEL.

I’ve personally not seen a lot of recommendations for PLX. That doesn’t mean they don’t exist, I just don’t see it much. ECMtuning sells and recommends the Innovate wideband controller.

Thank you. It’s just so hard finding relevant info. A lot of this info is many years old, and no idea if it’s outdated. And most the websites on these builds are dead.

I ended up ordering the kit directly from ECMTuning..
I appreciate the info.

What do you think about this cluster pod?

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back