The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECM link v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zise ex

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2012
martinsville, Indiana
is this the best tuning option for a dsm? i will be upgrading injectors, turbo fuel pump, ect... iv done some research and i feel like i just confuse myself when it comes to alll the talk about V3, speed density, and maf translators.. any explanation for someone slow like me?:D

Ecmlink is a really good platform. There are many alternatives to such as customer burning chips and aem depending on how much you wanna spend. If you looking cheap there tons of freelancers like my1gdsm will hook you up with an amazing remote tune and burn you a chip. You can also get the black box 98-99 ecu and flash tune. Or call it a day and just get ecmlink. v3 lite will work good as well unless you plan on going full blown v3 full.

is there a need for going full v3? and would i still need the GM MAF and maf cable to vent? i have an apportunity to buy v3 full with the ecu and gm maf and maf cable for 600... or the chipped ecu for 500.. what is the advantage of the GM MAF and cable with this?

To run speed density look ecmtuning.com will have a lot of information to get started. Buy it and be done with it for the price no brainer to those who want link.

If you are going to use v3 lite, the gm maf cable will not work. Must have v3 full to use. Gm maf with lite requires the use of a maft. You can still use speed density with lite.

If you are going with ECMlink and want to Vent don't bother with a GM maf

Go Speed density with a good tune the Tune is always going to be more consistent then on a GM maf with SD.

As Clipto Said there are other options Ecmlink is one of the more user friendly for the average user and going to be recommended a bit more here. Key is to anything knowing what you are doing to get the desired end result. With anything that may or may not dictate what you go with being whether you plan to tune the car yourself or have it tuned.

But about anything can get you the means to be running right as long as it's not something like a SAFC giving false signals it's just a User interface to get the car running in the End.

Oh Btw is this a 1g or 2g?

Go Speed density with a good tune the Tune is always going to be more consistent then on a GM maf with SD.

As Clipto Said there are other options Ecmlink is one of the more user friendly for the average user and going to be recommended a bit more here. Key is to anything knowing what you are doing to get the desired end result. With anything that may or may not dictate what you go with being whether you plan to tune the car yourself or have it tuned.

But about anything can get you the means to be running right as long as it's not something like a SAFC giving false signals it's just a User interface to get the car running in the End.

Not meaning to jump off topic but, how much easier is it to remote tune SD then it is to remote tune a GM MAF for you?

this is a 1G.. i guess i need to do more research i dont know what SD? is it an extra program or what is that?

Not meaning to jump off topic but, how much easier is it to remote tune SD then it is to remote tune a GM MAF for you?

Tuning is tuning. SD is more involved though... .

Any other questions feel free to Email me directly anytime though. I'd be happy to go over my services out side of the fourms :thumb:

this is a 1G.. i guess i need to do more research i dont know what SD? is it an extra program or what is that?
Speed Density is a method of running the Car Via a MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor and AIT (air intake temp) using the Ideal gas law. Rather then using the Kármán vortex maf sensor that our cars came with.

Read a bit about it more [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_gas_law"]Here[/ame] and HERE

Edit:

Like said above Google is your friend :)

SD and V3 is the way. I have multiple friends doing it and I will be doing the same. Consistent tune and the software is pretty cool.

And using SD (Speed Density) will eliminate the MAF and allow you to vent your B.O.V. as you are wanting to do. Link is Definately the way to go though. Tunning through the factory ECU makes everything SOOOO much easier, smoother, and more consistant. Way better then tuning a stand alone system, and trying to get it to mesh well with the factory system.

I don't see whether you have a 1g or 2g, but if you have a 1g:

ECMLink
Jackal/Werewolf (SD Only)
Tunerpro
Super AFC with a chip

To name a few.

There are LOT's of options out there. My first tuning experience was with Jackal, then I upgraded to WereWolf and I have been using that program for a few years. It's the only tuning program I have ever used, however, unlike other's on this board and in this thread, I wouldn't be opposed to checking out any of the other options I mentioned above should I ever acquire a 2nd dsm. Not due to dissatisfaction with the current programming I use (I love it), but so I could make comparisons and speak intelligently when comparing the different options with each other, which I can not currently do as like I said, I have experience with only 1 program.

GL with your decision.

well i got ecmlink v3, iv been trying to read up on it and im still kinda lost... can anyone help me out with a tune for a 1G 6bolt with vacuum delete to run an MBC.? everything else is stock other than my boost guage

You should wait until you upgrade your car. I do not see it being worth it to pay for a tune on a stock set up. No one is going to do it for you free with the time involved. Keep the boost down and keep reading. As already stated in this thread, there are multiple options for you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back