The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECM Link Help/Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greekgodchaos

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 4, 2007
Vancouver, Washington
Ok so here is the situation:

I put in an order for ECM Link v3 Lite off a seller on eBay, and I need to send them my setup so they can write the info on the chip thing. My planned setup is going to look something like this:

Denso 720cc Injectors
1g 1992 AWD MT ECU
GM MAF with MAFT
Rewired Walbro 255
AFPR
20g Bastard
25psi
Upgraded Engine Internals
etc, etc, etc....

Now because I am new to ECMLink, I'm having a difficult time understanding whether or not I must have V3 Full in order to run the GM MAF, I get this assumption from the comparison page on ECMLink's site that states that V3 lite is not GM MAF native. Now does that mean it wont work without a MAFT backing up the GM MAF or what? And if thats the case should I just switch to a 2g MAF? I would prefer to stick with the GM MAF since I already have the hardware and I like the blowthrough setup, but can someone fill me in to how I can go about doing this? Much appreciated guys. :thumb:

Alex

The description for "Native GM MAF support":

Run a GM MAF sensor directly into the ECU using our cable! No GM MAF translator device required. Our cable with the auto MAF adjustment tool makes dialing in a GM MAF sensor cake work.

If you planned on running a GM MAF with one of their cables, then yes v3 full we be the only way to go. But since you plan on running with a MAFT, you will have no problem. Just make sure to set the MAFT to 450cc injectors and zero everything else out.

If You just bought either lite or full v3 EcmLink, I would recommend switching to Speed density over running a Gm Maf... .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back