The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECM link for 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddragon1

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 27, 2012
Kansas city, Missouri
I'm wondering if you can do a stand alone wiring harness with ECM link v3?

What do you mean by a "stand alone wiring harness"?

The ECM link V3 was designed to integrate into the existing wiring of the car. You can basically control every single variable that is taken into the ECU via the standard wiring harness. It is a rather powerful controller.

What I mean by stand alone I only want what the car needs to run. I don't need anything else.

Step one buy ecm link get your ecu chiped by them (and socket if yours doesn't have it) step 2 wait for it to be sent to you ..Step 3 plug in your ecu step 4 down load the software on you comp ...Your done begin tuning ..Easy as 1,2,3,4

You can't really strip the harness down to perhaps the same level as with some other standalone ECUs but there are people running ECMLink on a minimal type harness.

As long as you still have a working MPI relay (using the factory or some other relay) for powering and shutting off the ECU the rest can be stripped pretty much down to the bare bones.

Study how the factory harness works before you start ripping it apart and you'll have a better chance of things working at the end.

You can't really strip the harness down to perhaps the same level as with some other standalone ECUs but there are people running ECMLink on a minimal type harness.

As long as you still have a working MPI relay (using the factory or some other relay) for powering and shutting off the ECU the rest can be stripped pretty much down to the bare bones.

Study how the factory harness works before you start ripping it apart and you'll have a better change of things working at the end.

Very good advice.

Study how the factory harness works before you start ripping it apart and you'll have a better chance of things working at the end.

To elaborate on this, do a search for wire tucks to see what people are doing to clean up their harnesses. Many of them are running ECMLink and just got rid of the things they don't use. There's plenty of threads here outlining the proper way to do it.

To elaborate on this, do a search for wire tucks to see what people are doing to clean up their harnesses. Many of them are running ECMLink and just got rid of the things they don't use. There's plenty of threads here outlining the proper way to do it.

Im not looking to wire tuck my car. I'm looking for a bare bones harness to keep down on wiring problems and weight the car is track only car.

ahh i dont think there is acompany that makes a ligyt weight harness as of yet but if you get some diagrams you might be able to make one yourself!

Yeah. I was more or less just seeing what people have done in that area looks like I'm doing it the hard way thou.

Im not looking to wire tuck my car. I'm looking for a bare bones harness to keep down on wiring problems and weight the car is track only car.

Like Steve said
Study how the factory harness works before you start ripping it apart

Once you feel like you know what needs done
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Pull it and take what you don't need out :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back