The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink ECMLink disconnects sometimes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacolu3

Proven Member
Jan 31, 2015
Lake Grove, New_York
So most of the time when I get in the car and connect to link it connects with no issues. But sometimes when I'm connected and logging, I'll make an adjustment to deadtime or sd table or something, and then a message comes up trying to connect.
So then I try to connect and again and it won't connect. Usually I'll have to reboot to fix the issue.
I'm using a pc with v3.
I first thought it was my laptop but then my tuner had he same problem with his pc too.
All drivers are updated.
It seems to be completely random when it connects or doesn't connect. I can be connected and make 20 changes without an issue then out of no where it says can not connect.
Any suggestions?
Bad USB cable ?

I do have my radio fuse pulled because of a drain that I can't find but I can't see this causing the problem since it only happens sometimes

Check your USB cable, make sure your software is up to date with the ecu, check your voltAge at the battery. I've seen other members have connectivity issues with a bad or soon to be bad alternator as the voltage fluctuates. You can also check the voltage at the obd port. If everything above checks out its more than likely is your computer. I'm assuming you tried other USB ports....

Check your USB cable, make sure your software is up to date with the ecu, check your voltAge at the battery. I've seen other members have connectivity issues with a bad or soon to be bad alternator as the voltage fluctuates. You can also check the voltage at the obd port. If everything above checks out its more than likely is your computer. I'm assuming you tried other USB ports....

My software is up to date
Battery voltage is good. Replaced alternator with a new one and still same issue

And at first I thought it was my laptop but when I brought my car to my tuner he had the same problem with his laptop.

Yeah, probably a crappy cable.

when this happened to me, it turned out that my cable was bad. See if you can wiggle it around a bit when you're logging. If your cable was as bad as mine was, you can get it to disconnect pretty easily.

could be contacts on the cable. i have the same issue when something knocks the cable or the laptop slides on the seat and presses up against it. figured it was the laptop usb ports but it may be a combination of both.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back