The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

eclipses

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonfly215

Probationary Member
May 19, 2002
Los_Angeles
does anyone drive the new eclipse? It's funny that nobody even mentions them. Its all about 1g and 2g, well what about the new eclipse with the v6. I know it has no turbo, but hey, it is still a dsm, right?

So its taboo to have a new eclipse? WHat is the car code? I'd think that the car should still be accepted. The v6 is good for 200 hp, only 10 less than the gs-t. I mean is it too hard to throw a turbo on a v6? I've never seen that, only superchargers.

I guess that answers my question. I'd still like to have a new eclipse, somehow stuff a j-spec 3000gt engine imported from japan into the engine bay, and drive quick. Maybe when I'm rich I'll do it, and you guys'll appreciate the new eclipses.

Originally posted by gstspyder1998
You can also get them turboed now you know!!!! :D

Not from the factory. but there are a few kits out there.

Later,

well its not considered a DSM. DSM was the joint venture between chrysler / mitsu as you probably know. the 3G eclipses are made strictly by mitsu, since the DSM contract ran out. DSMers don't like them because the eclipse has basically lost all its balls.. no turbo, no all wheel drive, and the body style can turn some people off with the grand prix inspired side cladding. so yeah they are taboo in DSM forums. neweclipse.org is all about 3g's.

i think i'll share a story now. i was looking at 3Gs when they first came out, before i bought the GSX. i would go to neweclipse.org and read the forums.. i loved the kill sections when they would post kills against such cars as econoboxes, v6 domestics, etc etc.

then i went to a DSM forum. holy crap they were beating vettes, s2000's, v8 domestic powerhouses. then i knew what i needed to do.. enter the GSX :)

Originally posted by b00sted99-X
well its not considered a DSM. DSM was the joint venture between chrysler / mitsu as you probably know. the 3G eclipses are made strictly by mitsu, since the DSM contract ran out. DSMers don't like them because the eclipse has basically lost all its balls.. no turbo, no all wheel drive, and the body style can turn some people off with the grand prix inspired side cladding. so yeah they are taboo in DSM forums. neweclipse.org is all about 3g's.

i think i'll share a story now. i was looking at 3Gs when they first came out, before i bought the GSX. i would go to neweclipse.org and read the forums.. i loved the kill sections when they would post kills against such cars as econoboxes, v6 domestics, etc etc.

then i went to a DSM forum. holy crap they were beating vettes, s2000's, v8 domestic powerhouses. then i knew what i needed to do.. enter the GSX :)

AMEN!!! :laugh:

Im new and all, Dont have my DSM yet but soon. All i gotta say about the 3G's is that they are crap for HP and torque. After driving my car and my Aunts DSM that car feels like a Geo Metro. She has a 2002 Eclipse Spyder GS. 140HP outta the 4 banger. It is a sad car for power.

Originally posted by Dragonfly215
I guess that answers my question. I'd still like to have a new eclipse, somehow stuff a j-spec 3000gt engine imported from japan into the engine bay, and drive quick. Maybe when I'm rich I'll do it, and you guys'll appreciate the new eclipses.

dude stfu. 3g eclipse is not DSM. DSM ended in 99'. And the only people that appreciate the new eclipse is the high schools chicks that dont know **** and think it looks cool.

Originally posted by Slappster

dude stfu. 3g eclipse is not DSM. DSM ended in 99'. And the only people that appreciate the new eclipse is the high schools chicks that dont know **** and think it looks cool.

Didnt the DSM contract end in mid 95...being why some 95s have dsm stickers in the door jams some dont, and 96+ do not. Also I agreed they should not be part of 1g and 2g DSM message boards because they basically share no parts with us, BUT the 3g eclipse and stratus coupe are basically the same car, stratus =dodge, 3g eclipse=mitus....DSM. As I also believe Dodge Avengers are DSM's because they are built together between dodge and mitsu, but they also do not belong on these message boards, but they do belong on 2gnt.com

is it my imagination or is this guy getting rowdy on me? I simply asked a ****ing question about why nobody talked of the 3g, I never said anything to warrant you talking ****. It may be your opinon that the new eclipse is weak, but from my understanding, the Gs-t came from the factory at 210 hp, now how much does a new gt come with? 200-210 if I've done my homework correctly. SO let me see, nearly the same hp, both front wheel drive, i'm seeing alot of consistencies. I'd happiliy take a new eclipse with a v6, and mod it up. It'd be something different than a million wannabes driving riced out gs's around my house, and the few true performance guys that all drive the same gsx or tsi awd. Can't I be different, and still fast?

Originally posted by Dragonfly215

is it my imagination or is this guy getting rowdy on me? I simply asked a ****ing question about why nobody talked of the 3g, I never said anything to warrant you talking ****. It may be your opinon that the new eclipse is weak, but from my understanding, the Gs-t came from the factory at 210 hp, now how much does a new gt come with? 200-210 if I've done my homework correctly. SO let me see, nearly the same hp, both front wheel drive, i'm seeing alot of consistencies. I'd happiliy take a new eclipse with a v6, and mod it up. It'd be something different than a million wannabes driving riced out gs's around my house, and the few true performance guys that all drive the same gsx or tsi awd. Can't I be different, and still fast?

I agree with you, I personally do not like the look of the 3g's but they are a good car ONLY if you get the V6. xtech.com and forwardmotion.com make turbo kits for the 3g's. I THINK the 3g with the forward motion kit make 346hp to the wheels, pretty impressive to me, also remember that the 3g's V6 uses the same block as the 3000gt VR4, there is potential. However myself I would rather get a 2g because it already has a turbo so it doesnt cost as much to upgrade.

i'm going to give my opinion on the new eclipse...

it looks okay, and the commercial has a cool song...otherwise, it has
F-all for power, it's a v6 (which has absolutly no relation to a 4 banger) and it just isnt as cool to tune them as it is with the 1g and 2g's.

If you want to keep bringing up the godamn thing...make your own forum somwhere, keep it out of here.

man I'm not trying to keep brinign the car up, I only made one post about it. I just didn't understand why you guys didn't like the 3g, when it isn't as bad as you guys make it

you know the fact its 200 hp is nothing since its abt 500 lbs heavier on the curb.... yeah they make a turbo for it now!! AH HA!! so thats a little better. Now i wish they would make a AWD version.... All car companies are going N/A. Force Induction all the way baby!!! Its quite sad i love forced induction! well more to the point, yeah when more parts come out for the car it should get better.... But atleast the Evo is coming out. And they are also releasing the STi and thinking abt the Skyline. Long live force induction!!

The shouldn't even be able to be called 3g. Another thing, you can buy a turbo kit for just about any car out there. Why put a turbo on a non-turbo when for the price of the kit you can buy a turbo? I guess I will never understand.

Joe

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back