The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Spyder Eclipse Top Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacky26lamb

Probationary Member
Feb 27, 2024
modesto, California
PLEASE HELP! i am trying replace my top and we have it on kind of but have no idea what to do with this plastic part that goes by the window frame. all other tops we found were for models up to 2005 and that only had fabric. can anyone help, thanks so much!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

PLEASE HELP! i am trying replace my top and we have it on kind of but have no idea what to do with this plastic part that goes by the window frame. all other tops we found were for models up to 2005 and that only had fabric. can anyone help, thanks so much!

From your photo, it almost looks like part of the new roof separated from the edging. It doesn’t look like something that is supposed to be exposed, however, keep in mind that the storage area — for when the top is down — is a separate piece, so just wanted to make sure this is not something connected to that liner.

Is that a new top cover, or a used one?

Have you tried raising the top, maybe not all the way since you are unsure about the loose piece?
Is there a similar piece showing on the opposite side?

Slowly raise the roof (manually) and see if it becomes obvious where this piece needs to go and post some more pictures please.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back