The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Eclipse...too heavy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Had a honda With swapped GSR motor, i tried a friends stock GST and after drieving it, believe me bro youl never want a honda again. GST or GSX is the way to go CHEAP ALSO to put performance parts into it becuase the 4g63 motor is a very good motor and doesnt need to be swaped like Hondas. Put it this way, you swap the best vtek out there that runs about $4800-$5200 just for the motor thats not encluding labor, that equals as much HP as the GST OR GSX AT 210HP, Witch you could have put that money into an eclipse 5g's and had a way faster car, upgrading and performance wise Hondas are just way to expensive!!!! dsm are better in my opinion.

DSM all the way. I have a gsx and had since december of 05 so whats that like 6 months, i just had my evo 3 big 16g upgrade done and fuel mods and tuned and let me tell you it feels like a comletely different car and it hauls ass, just get the dsm and let your buddies know whats up when all they see are tail lights:thumb:

Okay let me tell you this... I have had 2 honda civics in the past. My first car was a 1996 Honda Civic DX <--- slow as hell i know, it ran a 16.4 but i did not intend for it to be fast, i just needed something to get me back and forth to school with reliability, and good gas mileage.

Next came a 1999 Honda Civic EX Coupe. I decided i would mod this "quick" car out because of the "VTEC SON!" and ended up doing AEM Pulleys, Cam gear, Header, intake manifold, CAI, throttle body, exhaust, and hi flow cat. What did i run? mid - high 15's EVEN after a shitload of money. Finally i decided i would do a motor swap, i spent $4,000 dollars on a B18C type R motor out of a 98+ integra. The HP to Torque ratio is crap, and it shows. i ended up running a low - mid 14.

NOW, i came across a 99 gsx for sale, and i sold my civic for this car. Sure it was a gamble, because of the money i put into my civic already but in the end it was soooo worth it. If i would have spent NEAR the money i had in the civic on my eclipse, i'd be in the 11 second - maybe 10 second region.

Trust me from a guy with expierience, i dont care if you swap in the fastest motor EVEN if it is a K20 TYpe R motor, with that $7,000 you spend doing that motor, and you do $7,000 in a GSX? You'll be happy you went with a DSM. They are fun, and hella quick.

wow I didnt realize they were that slow LOL

I raced a b16 powered hatch with my car back in 2002. I was stock except for uicp, kn, and free mods. We went from a 3rd gear pull. We went on 3. Right away it jumped out, I was at his bumper. I really was surprised. It was before I knew about honda swaps. Towards the end of 3rd I had gain what I lost. We were side by side all till the end of 4th. That day I gained respect for hondas LOL. This was just a b16 with bolt ons. Im pretty sure if it had a type r motor it could have won no problem hahahaha

I'd have to say mmmmmmmmm the GS-t. by far the better deal. Course this si a very baised comment due to not being a fan of honda's. plus they don't come stock with the hump in the hood, and the blower underneath!

Is this a trick question? Did you just ask if a DSM was good for racing? hahahahahahah Check out John Shepard's website and take a look at Rau's webstie. That should give you an idea of exactly what these cars can, and will do. Just do your research, you'll make the right decision.

Time to get some new "boys" that aren't "rockin civics and integras." :toobad:

I raced a turbocharged Honda Civic 2 weeks ago, it was fun. :p Killed him in my lauch alone, I looked back and I was like :sneaky: :tease:

DGajre777 said:
Time to get some new "boys" that aren't "rockin civics and integras." :toobad:

I agree... like I said, your friends are obviously very biased. At the very least, take everything they tell you with a grain of salt.

Maybe this guy has a ton of money to dump into a Honda....who cares what it is. Has anybody seen what is going on in the FWD Sportsman NHRA and NDRA classes already this year? My car is by no means slow and there are Hondas in my area that I don't have a chance against......don't get me wrong, I love my DSM, but any car that anybody wants to make fast......I am all for it.

Mitchel63 said:
Maybe this guy has a ton of money to dump into a Honda....who cares what it is. Has anybody seen what is going on in the FWD Sportsman NHRA and NDRA classes already this year? My car is by no means slow and there are Hondas in my area that I don't have a chance against......don't get me wrong, I love my DSM, but any car that anybody wants to make fast......I am all for it.

I hope you are not comparing a Honda in the FWD Sportsman NHRA and NDRA to a street driven GST/GSX. ;)

I don't do Honda (and I mean Civics and Integras) and the day I get beat by one, I'll sell my car. If you have Honda's in your area that you don't have a chance against, maybe you need to learn to launch or get some more mods. I mean come on, you have an AWD. Just being honest, no offense.

Just go get the Honda or something so your friends can be impressed,please,don't do the research and don't go to Sheps or Rau's site.Stay in the dark about what these cars can do and please don't show your friends...the last thing the DSM comminuty needs is a group of tools ricing out the last nice 2G's left because they opened thier eyes and sold the hondas.

If the choice wasn't clear to you from the beginning maybe you need to keep looking at other cars.WTF

Street racing, bench racing, shit talking......etc.......this thread has got a lil of everything but at most, it's hangout material.

oldman said:
Street racing, bench racing, shit talking......etc.......this thread has got a lil of everything but at most, it's hangout material.

I don't get it. It is in the hangout. :confused: Did I miss something or did you move the thread? :confused:

Your honda freinds must have slow cars, they just dont want you to get a faster car than them. Our cars a not really light but we do have somthing hondas dont, and thats TQ even though most people say 4cyc dont have TQ we sure as hell make alot more than any honda would.

If you want good gas, and decent performance get the honda but if you want to go fast its wise to go with the GSX, My friend had a Built all motor ITR and has dumped so much money into head work, built bottum end etc. For the money he had into it he could have had a very fast DSM.

You need to built a honda to be fast, and set the car up for boost a DSM already comes ready for that.

Hes going to end up getting the honda, I drove a B16 CRX with full boltons and a tune. It was a ok car, I really wasnt inpressed at all by it but it was a fun car to drive.

MotorSwap said:
WOW, this is very helpful. Eye popping numbers. A GST is only a 100 pounds heavier than the holy grail gsr. I also checked and I compared a gs to the civic and the difference is very minimal...

Actually Edmund's numbers are a little off.
I took this straight from the 1000 already asked questions site.
Here is a link to a post..... http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1688427&postcount=7

oldman said:

Yeah.

More like locked material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back