The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Seat Brackets for NRG bucket seats

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkeclipsegirll

Probationary Member
Aug 11, 2021
South_Carolina
I ordered NRG bucket seats a couple weeks ago along with seat brackets from Corbeau for my ‘98 Eclipse. Turns out, the NRG seats didn’t fit on the Corbeau brackets, so I’m having to send them back. I’m having a terribly hard time trying to find brackets that will fit both my car and the NRG seats. What have y’all done to fix this issue if you’ve had it?

Most after market seats aren't built for specific vehicles for the most part in my experience. If the seat brackets fit the stock mount points and is level and not too tall for overhead clearance i would modify from there like Mike suggested. I have well made sparco brackets and i still had to modify a bit to make it work properly.

Seats are universal. The brackets are made for specific vehicles. I bought a couple Corbeau seats few years ago. Came with one bracket that Was for a 68-72 Chevelle. I started to modify the bracket to fit my 1G Eclipse. I ended up selling the seats but kept the bracket for a future seat.

Brackets aren’t hard to make. 1/8” bar stock steel and a few tabs welded on with a drill press to make mounting holes is all it really takes. Befriend someone that has a little bit of fab skills and make your own brackets. Save you $150-200 per seat

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back