The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

eclipse hard to start and or idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ralliart567

Probationary Member
Oct 19, 2011
goose creek, South_Carolina
on thanksgiving day took my car out for a run and it started to miss fire at full throttle at about 5500 rpms then it started to run a litte rough and stalled out on me at the light so i tried to get to crank and it again and sounded like a gear grinded and turnded off like i wasnt completly in gear so i checked to see if the it was half out of gear and tried again and it made the same noise and turned off so i figured it may be the starter went bad i checked it and it was fine push strarted it without the starter in the car and it didnt make and grind noise so im at a lost as to why it grinded and to why it wont sit a hold a good idle need some ideas and if someone could send me the fuel injectors color order for the wires i would appreciate it i own a 95 eclipse gst

on thanksgiving day took my car out for a run and it started to miss fire at full throttle at about 5500 rpms then it started to run a litte rough and stalled out on me at the light so i tried to get to crank and it again and sounded like a gear grinded and turnded off like i wasnt completly in gear so i checked to see if the it was half out of gear and tried again and it made the same noise and turned off so i figured it may be the starter went bad i checked it and it was fine push strarted it without the starter in the car and it didnt make and grind noise so im at a lost as to why it grinded and to why it wont sit a hold a good idle need some ideas and if someone could send me the fuel injectors color order for the wires i would appreciate it i own a 95 eclipse gst

Did you check for any blown off piping? That used to happen to me all the time. If not, check your coils and ignition module. As for the grinding noise my GST always did that on start ups until it gave out and got the starter replaced.

Ill check the coil pack and see what happen how that's it cat getting frustrating

+1 in the starter. The starter is probably not engaging properly. If the starter seems could check the flywheel.

the fly flywheel looks fine just did that oil pan gasket lastnight

Mine isnt grinding but untill it get warm it will stall at stops signs and idle rough. Its my map sensor. get and OBDII check and see if the codes can give you a clue whats wrong

sorry bout that im new to this and just now realizing the dates. just trying to help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back