The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Eclipse Forum gets HaXXored by Idiot

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

architechnik

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 21, 2007
Glad, Oregon
So what's the number one way to catch a kid who tries to be a criminal? Wait for him to brag. And when it's on the internet, you don't even need to be in the area, just do a search.

I got an email this morning that looked like it was run by a script from Eclipse Forum (I didn't even really remember signing up).

"Hello, Archi,

Im sorry to announce that Eclipse Forum was hacked. But dont take it so harsh, you had it coming.

Anyways, Ttyl.

~WaR3z-X"

So the admin just went to the War3z-X.com forums and found the kid from Columbus Ohio, with pictures, loads of personal information, complete blogs on how he did it and what scripts he used. I'm sure the FBI will love helping this kid soil his pants when they knock on his door.

If you see this kid, slap him upside the head...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Courtesy of Eclipse Forum.com

You know I just thought of how much it would suck if DSMTuners got attacked. There is SOOOOO much information on this site that I use every day that I would probably cry.

I spent all day yesterday trying to get the tranny out (axles first) and the one way that the Hanes says is the one way that the vfaq here says DO NOT. I probably would have spent all day today too if it weren't for this site.

People never relize that when you do a crime that big, dont brag about it. Just keep your mouth shut.

If someone hacked DSMTuners, I'd hope the admins were smart enough to backup the database every so often. Happenend on another car forum I used to use and we lost a lot of info because the admin hadn't backed it up in a long time.

I personally think this is funny as hell that he got caught.

If someone hacked DSMTuners, I'd hope the admins were smart enough to backup the database every so often. Happenend on another car forum I used to use and we lost a lot of info because the admin hadn't backed it up in a long time.

We have been attacked before... I can't remember the details, but I want to say it was a DoS attack, so no data was harmed.

No offense but last time I was in Columbus there were tons of deusche bags like that guy running around .. and lots of corn.

So what's the number one way to catch a kid who tries to be a criminal? Wait for him to brag. And when it's on the internet, you don't even need to be in the area, just do a search.

I got an email this morning that looked like it was run by a script from Eclipse Forum (I didn't even really remember signing up).

"Hello, Archi,

Im sorry to announce that Eclipse Forum was hacked. But dont take it so harsh, you had it coming.

Anyways, Ttyl.

~WaR3z-X"

So the admin just went to the War3z-X.com forums and found the kid from Columbus Ohio, with pictures, loads of personal information, complete blogs on how he did it and what scripts he used. I'm sure the FBI will love helping this kid soil his pants when they knock on his door.

If you see this kid, slap him upside the head...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Courtesy of Eclipse Forum.com

Sooo.... Donkey Lips from Salute your Shorts hacked the website? Riiiighhhttt... No j/k. Atleast you caught the douche bag.

Sooo.... Donkey Lips from Salute your Shorts hacked the website? Riiiighhhttt... No j/k. Atleast you caught the douche bag.

While we're on the subject..I didn't even recognize him when this Super Bowl Commercial came on. ROFL

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oswue3QYCk0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oswue3QYCk0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Donkey Lips tearin' it up!

*Singing* Oh, camp Anawana, We hold you in our hearts, and when we think about you it MAKES ME WANNA ****!
That's the only part I remember.

Alright, someone lock this thread before it gets any worse.

wow salute your shorts, olden days for me ahah.

Didn't even realize that was him in the super bowl commercial ahah

I think I personally know that kid

Can I get a name or myspace link. PM it to me, I'll find him for you :)

I'm confident that Chris does do regular backups.

VelocitàPaola;151447489 said:
We have been attacked before... I can't remember the details, but I want to say it was a DoS attack, so no data was harmed.

Yeah, it was a DDoS attack that left us down for some time. I'm thinking it was only a couple of years ago.

The admins of the site reported that they had all the information for the kid from complete logs and access changes. They said they had everything down to how old his father is! I guess that's the other rule of thumb when hacking into a site: do it from a non-traceable IP, not from your own home.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back