The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Eclipse Club of the Philippines

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1997 Eclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 3, 2003
Manila, Asia
Guys, we have finally updated our website - www.eclipseworx.com We also have a forum so please take a look an join our forum. Tell us what you think and any suggestions.

hey man thats really cool

how common are turbo dsms over there in the philippines?

also how and where do you guys buy your modifications.. the reason i ask is because my dad went to the philippines and im tellin him to find some stuff for me but he has no idea to look.. not to mention who knows whats real or fake in the philippines unless u actually know what to look for..

also is it true that rota wheels are made there? and that you can buy their rims really cheap.. assuming ur doing the dollar to peso conversion..

ill be checkin out ur site/forum more.. nice to see filipinos holding it down with DSMs in the philippines.. how rare is that..

There are about 100 2G Eclipses in the Philippines. Most of them are GS-T with less that 5 GSX. All the Eclipses came in via Japan. Our club represent approx 30% of the local eclipse. About another 40% are owned by people not interested or too "old" to join us. As I travel to the US 3 -4 times a year, I get all my parts from the US, mainly RRE and SBR. I will be in SFO and LA at the end of the month to do a bit of shopping. Any other places you recommend on the West Coast? Rota are made here and a set of 17" are approx PHP20000 or less than $400 but tires are not cheap here and the selection is limited.

well of course i am going to suggest SBR, but i guess i am kind of biased LOL. This club has spent ALOT of money with us and we appreciate their business. They are a good group of guys and are easy to work with if you are looking to do any business with them.

Mark
SBR

Mark, thanks for the kind words and the great service in the past, present and into the future.

Daniel

My mother in law is from the Philippines. We all may take a trip to visit there in the next year or so. Is there anyway to get those exterior mirrors over there?

Tim

Tim, which mirrors do you mean? If it is the square shaped ones, they are easy to get here. Daniel

They are the factory folding ones. I think that they are originally from a Lancer. I have changed my to the US Version.

I am looking for the folding style. If you have axcess let me know. Maybe I could help you out with getting something from here to there. My mother-in-law is from Bagio.

Nice, know that this is an older thread, but had to show my love as well for the PI holding it down. If I ever move there, I'm wanna bring a 1GA Talon AWD as well as a 2GB GSX. Or even a 2G 420A turbo car hehe. Then I'll be for sure unique DSM wise.

Where are you guys? can't seem to find you anymore...
No more forumers for eclipse ph?

dsmelon- hey paps! im katana_kb from baguio. are u really from tuguegarao?im from ballesteros. i studied and for the mean time staying here in baguio. you could contact me with my cel# 09107305463. i was there in tuge last june 26 for the alignment of my 2g. eclipseworx's site was down due to few members loggin in. u try to visit pris.mymitsuph.com. we have a thread there and most of the eclipseworx members are there also.

hope to hear from u soon.

more power eclipseworx philippines!

tumira ako sa Philippines para sa dalwang taon, kadalasan sa Daguapn at Baguio. Namimiss ko doon. Minsan nakita ko mga eclipse doon pero walang gst or gsx. Astig na may Eclipse club ngyn. Sana babalik ako doon para sa vaction lang. American ako pero natuto ako sa tagalog habang nanjan, sana hindi mawawala ang tagalog dito. Kung kailangan ninyo parts galing sa states pm or e-mail sa akin. Ingat kayo!

wow!nice to know that sir talontsi18.we love to have the nonfolding sidemirrors,all red tails,and the mph gauge cluster.

i finished my bachelors degree here in baguio 2yrs ago but im not really from baguio.i live here at this time.

actually my eclipse is my grad gift from my parents.it is my dream car.when it was first released here in the philippines in 1998,it was used in a movie and i said i want that car.and now i have it after almost 10 years of dreaming.

all the eclipse brought in by the mitsubishi motors company here in the country in 98 are automatic with the 95-96model.i heard it was like 900,000php(18,000+$).and 10yrs later, still selling it for 10000-14000$. i have an original manual tranny 95model eclipse imported from japan.

gsx variant is already available here but in spyder and automatic tranny only.

FYI guys! motorsports here in the philippines has become popular now. we have the circuit races,drag races,hillclimb races,rallly-type races,slalom,4x4s, and the past year or two we have drifting. but sad to say we dont have eclipses joining the races.

honda cars are very popular in almost all type of events(except drifting and 4x4). maybe because of the availability of the parts and also cheap parts.

93-96 lancers and galant vr are also becoming very popular due to the cheap price of the car and transplanting a turbo engine from vr4,rvr,eclipse and evos. they have also been active in motorsports but honda really dominates almost all types of races.

and we, mitsu owners, want also to take the stage someday.that is why we are trying so hard to improve the performance of our cars despite the rarity of the parts. we get our parts from japan importers and almost all are used.

just a little share of the way we do it here!

im also from the philippines. i own a 91 Eclipse. I want to join ec;lipseworx too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back