1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Eclipse Club of the Philippines

Posted by 1997 Eclipse, Jul 11, 2005

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. 1997 Eclipse

1997 Eclipse Proven Member

Joined Feb 3, 2003
    Manila, Asia
    Guys, we have finally updated our website - www.eclipseworx.com We also have a forum so please take a look an join our forum. Tell us what you think and any suggestions.

2. RedTurboEclipse

RedTurboEclipse Proven Member

Joined Jul 29, 2002
    Bay Area, California
    hey man thats really cool

how common are turbo dsms over there in the philippines?

also how and where do you guys buy your modifications.. the reason i ask is because my dad went to the philippines and im tellin him to find some stuff for me but he has no idea to look.. not to mention who knows whats real or fake in the philippines unless u actually know what to look for..

also is it true that rota wheels are made there? and that you can buy their rims really cheap.. assuming ur doing the dollar to peso conversion..

ill be checkin out ur site/forum more.. nice to see filipinos holding it down with DSMs in the philippines.. how rare is that..

1K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  3. 1997 Eclipse

Joined Feb 3, 2003
    Manila, Asia
    There are about 100 2G Eclipses in the Philippines. Most of them are GS-T with less that 5 GSX. All the Eclipses came in via Japan. Our club represent approx 30% of the local eclipse. About another 40% are owned by people not interested or too "old" to join us. As I travel to the US 3 -4 times a year, I get all my parts from the US, mainly RRE and SBR. I will be in SFO and LA at the end of the month to do a bit of shopping. Any other places you recommend on the West Coast? Rota are made here and a set of 17" are approx PHP20000 or less than $400 but tires are not cheap here and the selection is limited.

4. 1990greenGSX

1990greenGSX Proven Member

Joined Jan 16, 2004
    Carlisle, Pennsylvania
    well of course i am going to suggest SBR, but i guess i am kind of biased LOL. This club has spent ALOT of money with us and we appreciate their business. They are a good group of guys and are easy to work with if you are looking to do any business with them.

Mark
    SBR

5. 1997 Eclipse

Joined Feb 3, 2003
    Manila, Asia
    Mark, thanks for the kind words and the great service in the past, present and into the future.

Daniel

6. divinaand_1

divinaand_1 Proven Member

Joined Dec 25, 2005
    san jose, California
    Ill be getting me one of those when I decide to move back to the P.I. or ship my car there.:D

7. Zex4g63

Zex4g63 Proven Member

Joined Apr 8, 2003
    Montoursville, Pennsylvania
    My mother in law is from the Philippines. We all may take a trip to visit there in the next year or so. Is there anyway to get those exterior mirrors over there?

Tim

678  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  8. 1997 Eclipse

Joined Feb 3, 2003
    Manila, Asia
    Tim, which mirrors do you mean? If it is the square shaped ones, they are easy to get here. Daniel

9. Zex4g63

Zex4g63 Proven Member

Joined Apr 8, 2003

Are they the factory folding ones? That's what I'm looking for.

Tim

678  0

manual · 2G DSM
  10. 1997 Eclipse

Joined Feb 3, 2003
    Manila, Asia
    They are the factory folding ones. I think that they are originally from a Lancer. I have changed my to the US Version.

11. Zex4g63

Zex4g63 Proven Member

Joined Apr 8, 2003
    I am looking for the folding style. If you have axcess let me know. Maybe I could help you out with getting something from here to there. My mother-in-law is from Bagio.

678  0

manual · 2G DSM
  12. katana_kb

katana_kb Probationary Member

Joined Apr 24, 2008
    Baguio City, Asia
    i am an owner of a 95 gst from baguio and i would love to join your group!thanks!

235  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  13. MrBentley

MrBentley Proven Member

Joined Jul 29, 2004
    Los Gatos, California
    sweet, Filipino! Never been but wanna go and see where im from. Nice to know we got folks holdin down in the P.I.

475  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  14. 1997 Eclipse

Joined Feb 3, 2003
    Manila, Asia
    You can check out our website at www.eclipseworx.com ~ Index Not too many posts there but you can call me on 09189366693 or Joey Fernandez on 09178073811. Daniel

15. EventsCo21XL

EventsCo21XL Probationary Member

Joined Sep 11, 2006
    Bay Area, California
    Nice, know that this is an older thread, but had to show my love as well for the PI holding it down. If I ever move there, I'm wanna bring a 1GA Talon AWD as well as a 2GB GSX. Or even a 2G 420A turbo car hehe. Then I'll be for sure unique DSM wise.

16. Defiant

Defiant DSM Wiseman

Joined Jan 13, 2003
    glorious Galt, California

2K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  17. dsmelon

dsmelon Probationary Member

Joined Jun 2, 2009
    Tuguegarao, Asia
    Where are you guys? can't seem to find you anymore...
    No more forumers for eclipse ph?

18. katana_kb

Joined Apr 24, 2008
    Baguio City, Asia
    dsmelon- hey paps! im katana_kb from baguio. are u really from tuguegarao?im from ballesteros. i studied and for the mean time staying here in baguio. you could contact me with my cel# 09107305463. i was there in tuge last june 26 for the alignment of my 2g. eclipseworx's site was down due to few members loggin in. u try to visit pris.mymitsuph.com. we have a thread there and most of the eclipseworx members are there also.

hope to hear from u soon.

more power eclipseworx philippines!

235  0

· 2G DSM
  19. katana_kb

Joined Apr 24, 2008
    Baguio City, Asia
    where have all our pinoy fellows gone.

guys represent!

235  0

· 2G DSM
  20. talontsi18

talontsi18 Proven Member

Joined Apr 3, 2004
    Draper, Utah
    tumira ako sa Philippines para sa dalwang taon, kadalasan sa Daguapn at Baguio. Namimiss ko doon. Minsan nakita ko mga eclipse doon pero walang gst or gsx. Astig na may Eclipse club ngyn. Sana babalik ako doon para sa vaction lang. American ako pero natuto ako sa tagalog habang nanjan, sana hindi mawawala ang tagalog dito. Kung kailangan ninyo parts galing sa states pm or e-mail sa akin. Ingat kayo!

21. katana_kb

Joined Apr 24, 2008
    Baguio City, Asia
    wow!nice to know that sir talontsi18.we love to have the nonfolding sidemirrors,all red tails,and the mph gauge cluster.

i finished my bachelors degree here in baguio 2yrs ago but im not really from baguio.i live here at this time.

actually my eclipse is my grad gift from my parents.it is my dream car.when it was first released here in the philippines in 1998,it was used in a movie and i said i want that car.and now i have it after almost 10 years of dreaming.

all the eclipse brought in by the mitsubishi motors company here in the country in 98 are automatic with the 95-96model.i heard it was like 900,000php(18,000+$).and 10yrs later, still selling it for 10000-14000$. i have an original manual tranny 95model eclipse imported from japan.

gsx variant is already available here but in spyder and automatic tranny only.

235  0

· 2G DSM
  22. katana_kb

Joined Apr 24, 2008
    Baguio City, Asia
    FYI guys! motorsports here in the philippines has become popular now. we have the circuit races,drag races,hillclimb races,rallly-type races,slalom,4x4s, and the past year or two we have drifting. but sad to say we dont have eclipses joining the races.

honda cars are very popular in almost all type of events(except drifting and 4x4). maybe because of the availability of the parts and also cheap parts.

93-96 lancers and galant vr are also becoming very popular due to the cheap price of the car and transplanting a turbo engine from vr4,rvr,eclipse and evos. they have also been active in motorsports but honda really dominates almost all types of races.

and we, mitsu owners, want also to take the stage someday.that is why we are trying so hard to improve the performance of our cars despite the rarity of the parts. we get our parts from japan importers and almost all are used.

just a little share of the way we do it here!

235  0

· 2G DSM
  23. xact

xact Awaiting Email Verification

Joined Oct 8, 2010
    Paranaque, Asia
    im also from the philippines. i own a 91 Eclipse. I want to join ec;lipseworx too.

24. blasian_kuya

blasian_kuya Probationary Member

Joined Dec 11, 2010
    chicago, Illinois
    Awesomeness!

I didn't know there was a DSM community in P.I!

I'm mixed pinoy^_^

178  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 2G DSM
  25. katana_kb

Joined Apr 24, 2008
    Baguio City, Asia
    @xact- yes sir.please visit the site pris.mymitsuph.com.there's a thread for eclipse owners there.

@blasian kuya- thanks sir! we only have few members tho.LOL!

235  0

· 2G DSM