The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Eclipse 96 5 lug to 4 lug

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velmin hu

Proven Member
May 25, 2019
Las vegas, Nevada
greetings I got 96 gst bought axis se7en rims 18 but there are 4 lug with 114.3 and the eclipse only came with 5x114.3 any way to convert it so I can put the rims on like drilling or wheel adapters thanks.

Any way to convert 5x114.3 eclipse original size bolt pattern to new rims 4x114.3 please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? Going to a 4 stud is not the best thing to do, its outdated and in all fairness useless,
Dont also forget that good wheels in 4x114.3 are actually harder to come by in decent sizes,

Stick with the stock stud pattern,

If you are really hell bent on doing it then just go and buy Galant wheel bearings as they are 4 stud stock

Last edited:
It would be a million times easier to just sell them and buy wheels with the correct lug pattern even if you could find 4 lug hubs that could be modified to work on a 2G DSM. You'd have to match axle diameter and spline count at the 4 lug hub or else make custom CV axles that mated to the DSM transmission.

Square peg round hole.

If you have size 12 feet you don't buy size 8 shoes and ask a doctor to cut your toes off, do you?

Last edited:
Why? Going to a 4 stud is not the best thing to do, its outdated and in all fairness useless,
Dont also forget that good wheels in 4x114.3 are actually harder to come by in decent sizes,

Stick with the stock stud pattern,

If you are really hell bent on doing it then just go and buy Galant wheel bearings as they are 4 stud stock
Thanks Bobby so I just get 96 galant wheel bearing that are 4 stud stock it will fit my 96 gst take the 5 stud off. Thank you

Thanks Bobby so I just get 96 galant wheel bearing that are 4 stud stock it will fit my 96 gst take the 5 stud off. Thank you
All 7th and 8th gen galants should be 4 stud, the VR4 models in europe at least all came 5 stud

All 7th and 8th gen galants should be 4 stud, the VR4 models in europe at least all came 5 stud
Thanks so it galant 4 wheel bearing should slide into where the 5 stud wheel bearing went in. Same size diameter housing figment on axle.

You are changing the entire hub. As stated above it would be way way easier to get new wheels. Cheaper too. The manner in which you ask the question suggests you aren't aware just how much work this is.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back