The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Eclipse 2Ga door caps - (not Talon 2Ga door caps)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They dont really crumble, its almost like the urethane blend had too much hardener in it compared to the 97-99 eclipse pieces.

They crack and the tabs on the back break off immediately. The only way to really ensure they dont brake during removal would be to remove the interior door panels and pop the rivets out from the back side.

My passengers side is still just fine, but the drivers side was installed slightly tilted at the factory

Everyone says just to convert it to the newer style, not gonna happen. Technically this is the rarer body style 🤣

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
There is magic in the 95-96 body style - Some just don't see it - yet. ;-)

Those door caps SUCK period, they literally crumble in your hands like an old egg shell when you put any pressure on them at all, if I knew enough about carbon fiber and had a vacuum bag system these are the first thing that I would make, the only problems would be the tabs on the back and how to make them, they might have to be double sided tape only if they were made from carbon fiber.

These made it through shipping!

The shattered white set will donate some clip holders

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back