The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Eclipse 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbakias

Probationary Member
Nov 1, 2019
Nea Artaki Greece, Europe
Hi guys,

My name is Dimitris and i am from Greece.

Two days ago i purchased an eclipse 1gen turbo. The reason that i bought this car is because i liked it very much from the first time i saw it and second i needed a toy to play with.

My goal is to max engine horsepower with stock internals and change all periphereals needed for this purpose. I want to drive it sometimes a week for street race only.

I would like to have your opinions as i dont know much about this engine. I am reading the forum and have already found many useful info but i am a bit confused.

Let me share my thoughts.

Change exhaust manifold with a custom one with external v band.
Turbo gt3076
Downpipe and full exhaust 76mm de cat.
Iridium sparks and silicone spark plugs or coil on plug later
Injectors
Fuel pump
Bov
External 42mm
FMIC 65X30X10
Water radiator
Oil cooler

What do you think about these?
I would like to ask you your opinion for the following:

1) Are there any injectors from another car for direct fit for the horsepower i need? If not what cc you reccomend.
2) Do you think that with stock maf i can achieve such hp?
3) Is there any way to get rid of the maf? I assume stand alone ecu. Which one you reccomend that supports water methanol, launch control, anti lag, and other stuff?
4) Can electrics and sensors from evo8 as well as ecu can fit in this engine? Will it worth it?
5) Whats your opionion for the target i want to achieve?

Regards

Dimitris

Ecmlink is a great options and many are currently using it.

You can get rid of the maf by switching to speed density. All you need is a map sensor and an intake air temp sensor (optional). Ecmlink sells a bundle that’ll run you about $150-$200. I forget the exact amount but it’s plug and play, so you don’t have to cut your factory harness.

This is a good read as far as fueling.
http://www.ecmtuning.com/product_info.php?products_id=72

1) No, you would need aftermarket injectors. The size of the injector depends on what fuel you are using. Gasoline or e85?
2) No, a stock 1g maf is not a good idea. Maybe a 2g or evo8 maf will work for your power level.
3) You can switch to speed density instead of a maf. You would likely need to buy ecmlink ecu or a full standalone ecu (lots of money)
4) An evo8 ecu can be made to work but it's not worth the time and effort
5) I think you have a good start to your goal. The gt3076 is a great turbo and I'm currently using. My car is making anywhere from 550-600hp on about 40psi of boost pressure.You don't need iridium plugs. Try the Br7es plugs with good wires

Hi guys thank you for your replies.

for now car is in workshop for exhaust manifold, full exhaust and intercooler installation.

i am looking for injectors some people told me that evo 8 injectors are a direct bolt on and that are good for 550whp. If not whats your recommendation for this level of power max 600ps in the future for now 450.

I think that i will upgrade to full stand alone ECU so i will be able to use map sensor and have more options.

do you know if there is a plug n play for my 1g?

regarding fuel pressure regulator which one you reccomend?

Evo8 injectors are probably good for 300hp, not 550hp. What fuel will you be using? Gasoline? e85?

Ecmlink is full plug and play for a dsm and is the cheapest and most effective option in my opinion.

I use the Fuelab 515 regulator and would recommend it.

I see.. so 620cc injectors will be fine for the power level im looking.

the fuel we have in greece is either 95 octanes or 100 octanes. But sometimes in a race for example i ll be using racing fuel.

When i started reading forum i was convinced to install ecmlink but then i was thinking that maybe ecm link is a bit old and outdated and started looking for aem, autronic etc...

I see.. so 620cc injectors will be fine for the power level im looking.

the fuel we have in greece is either 95 octanes or 100 octanes. But sometimes in a race for example i ll be using racing fuel.

When i started reading forum i was convinced to install ecmlink but then i was thinking that maybe ecm link is a bit old and outdated and started looking for aem, autronic etc...
You'll likely need 1650cc injectors or a similar size. Ecmlink is not outdated. It's not as good as say Haltech, but it's very cheap and very easy to use. A full stand-alone will be much more expensive and difficult to use.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back