1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Ecliose transmission problem

Posted by EclipseGuy96, Jul 3, 2015

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. EclipseGuy96

EclipseGuy96 Probationary Member

Joined Jul 3, 2015
    ottawa, ON, Canada
    Hey everyone. I need some help here. I've got a 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS FWD standard transmission. With a stage 2 clutch . I recently screwed the transmission and I need to replace it. Would a 1998 Gst 5 speed transmission fit my 96 ecliose? Please help me out!!

2. Dsmkauai

Dsmkauai Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    No you have a Chrysler 420a not a mistu 4g63, much diff bro! ;) You should be able to find a 420a trans easy.

Drag Race Build 584  2

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

6K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    13.7 @ 101 · Galant VR-4

3K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    12.408 @ 112.930 · 2G DSM

2K  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM