The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ebay exhaust systems?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the one I ordered was a perfect fit and never necked down... it came with an adaptor for the front that you could put on if you were connecting to a 2 1/2... and when looking fora DP look close at the top of it... also found one that came off the flange completely 3" besides very small indents where the bolts went in... It' was a PAIN getting the DP bolted because the pipe was so big and clearence wouldn't even let a socket on there, but it is as true to 3" exaust as possible... just py attention to the pictures AND the feedback... not just the percentages, but actually look at there feedback history and read them... It's the way I do any buying on ebay... another tip is never buy from anybody with less than 98 or so % :wink:

First one is the downpipe for comparison. The rest is the catback.

Attachments

• Picture 304.jpg
    Picture 304.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 278
  • Picture 307.jpg
    Picture 307.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 276
  • Picture 306.jpg
    Picture 306.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 274
  • Picture 308.jpg
    Picture 308.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 275
It would. I didn't wash mine at all till weather warmed up. If you're willing to do it even in the winter time or you garage it, go for it. Otherwise, look for something to seal it in. Like high temperature paint.

It would. I didn't wash mine at all till weather warmed up. If you're willing to do it even in the winter time or you garage it, go for it. Otherwise, look for something to seal it in. Like high temperature paint.

I think I have some high temperature primer. Could I just spray that on the piping and then just have to worry about wiping down the muffler?

Here is quick test to see if something is really stainless steel. If a magnet sticks to it, it is not stainless steel. I repair MRI systems. I use this test often to see if hardware I intend to use is real stainless steel.

I don't think you would need to wipe it down. What you need to probably do is wash your car from time to time when the roads are salty. You'll need to get the underside too.

If I were to try and spray an exhaust with something a high temp primer would not be it. Most primers will actually suck moisture in and trap it against the metal that you are priming. Use some regular high temp paint and you should be good to go. If you wash your car once every week or two then a standard cleaning should spray off the muffler well enough.

Here is quick test to see if something is really stainless steel. If a magnet sticks to it, it is not stainless steel. I repair MRI systems. I use this test often to see if hardware I intend to use is real stainless steel.

Some stainless steels are magnetic. The 400 series of ferritic stainless steels are magnetic in all conditions, while the austenitic stainless steels (like the 300 series) become slightly magnetic when cold worked.

The ebay exhaust to get is the Tsudo brand. I had it on my RS-T and I will on my TSi FWD. Didn't rust in the MD winter with all of the salt on the roads and it sounded great!, under $250 shipped.

Good lord, Tim, thats a lot of rust.

Fortunately for me, mine looks nothing like that.

Some stainless steels are magnetic. The 400 series of ferritic stainless steels are magnetic in all conditions, while the austenitic stainless steels (like the 300 series) become slightly magnetic when cold worked.
No argument with your knowledge of SS alloys. What you didn't say is 400 stainless steel is cheap and not nearly as corrosion resistant as 300 stainless steel. 300 is non-magnetic, 400 is magnetic. If a magnet sticks to your new exhaust it's cheap and will probably corrode. You either bought the cheaper 400 stainless steel or you got totally ripped off with ordinary steel pipe. The magnet test is a good way to quickly see if you got what you think you paid for.
The eBay exhaust to get is the Tsudo brand. I had it on my RS-T and I will on my TSi FWD. Didn't rust in the MD winter with all of the salt on the roads and it sounded great!
Tsudo gets my vote too. I bought my Tsudo Fireball over five years ago. It is made of 304 stainless steel (non-magnetic) and it sounds better today than when I installed it. I polish the muffler maybe once a year with Mother's Polish and it looks as good today as day one. It's almost a shame to put something that nice looking under the car.

Got my exhaust. It came very well packaged. True 3" piping except for the neck down. 4.5" tip. Welds look good. I'm in the process of installing it right now. Sorry, theres no pictures. I forgot to bring my camera with me. Will take a picture when its on the car though.

I will appreciate those pictures when you get the chance to post them.

Who did you order from? I keep refilling my "My Ebay" but I haven't pulled the trigger yet on anything. I'm slow to make decisions on purchases because my money is tight until I get into the summer when I don't have class and I can work more.

Well I didnt get the exhaust on yet. I had a problem with the studs on the cat, so i'm going to take it to a shop and there going to torch the studs out the cat. So tomorrow I can actually get pictures of the exhaust not on the car tomorrow.

I will appreciate those pictures when you get the chance to post them.

Who did you order from? I keep refilling my "My Ebay" but I haven't pulled the trigger yet on anything. I'm slow to make decisions on purchases because my money is tight until I get into the summer when I don't have class and I can work more.

I ordered from a seller store called Advanation. Just put in 170321756137 in the search bar on ebay. Thats the one I bought. Has good welds, seems to be a true 3" catback except for the neck down where it meets the cat. 139.99 shipped.

Ordered and recieved one for my 95 awd tsi. I also bought a PR cat elim 3" dp. need to have the cat flanged cut flipped and rewelded to line up. But the catback is not bad for 219 shipped to my door :hellyeah:

Got the exhaust on. Heres some picture's of it.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And here's a video of it. The video deffinately doesnt do its justice!
It sounds so much better in person!

Everything fit up really good. Only problem is that I didnt have all the rubber boots for the hangers. So I had to do a little custom work for the hangers. Only problem right now. The piping right before the muffler is pretty much touching the cross member. But thats only because I didnt have all the rubber boots for the hangers. I think it was a great buy.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back