The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Ebay Evo III 16g; Any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carcrazy144

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 19, 2009
Murrysville, Pennsylvania
There are some on here that will say they got good ones but ive seen more people on here say how it got destroyed in a few weeks!

for an extra $200 or so i would get the trusted MHI 16g!!

Good luck man!

I think everyone has differnet opinions on these. I Know a few ppl that have ran these all with good experinces with these turbos. one of my freinds ran a 12.3 at 24psi in the stock appering class and he had his for 3 years. but on the other hand i have heard plenty of horror stories about these turbos. If I were you i would just keep an eye open in the classified section and get a used MHI 16g. hopes this helps. Support the vendors. :)

I have tried both the Genuine and the Ebay knock offs and there is no comparison. The knocks really don't last. I actually had a friend that bought a knock new and it just wouldn't build any boost. In Jamaica here we have Genuine Evo3 turbos that come on the Evo 3s and some of these turbos are still going very strong. By the way I hope you know that there are many different 16G turbos(Small, Big, Evo 3s). I would tell you if you don't plan to spend the money and buy Genuine Evo 3 16G Turbo then buy a second hand in excellent condition. You should be able to get 1 for $250-350.

ok so i got the idea, ebay turbos are bad.LOL Is there anything worth getting off of ebay or are performance parts just not worth it? Also, i just saw a link on this site for a used Evo III turbo from ebay. I thought ebay turbo's were bad? What would make that one buyable compared to others?

There are plenty of good parts that you can buy from ebay, but on the same hand there are millions of parts that aren't even worth of the garbage. You can buy genuine MHI turbos off of ebay, but be very careful and know what you are buying.

So....to piggy back off of his question...where does everyone find the parts that they're looking for without ebay? Is there some other website or megastore that I'm clueless towards

So....to piggy back off of his question...where does everyone find the parts that they're looking for without ebay? Is there some other website or megastore that I'm clueless towards

Well actually theres a big warehouse called "PERFORMANCE R'US"Kinda like a COSTCO, thats where we DSM guys get our parts :thumb:, you need to get a membership to go in though.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Hahahahah just kidding LOL ROFL

This website has plenty of vendors and avertisements as you can see that sell parts. Or you can try google.

There are a bunch of good places to find all kinds of parts under the "Marketplace" tab just under the header for this site. If you go eBay, be sure of what you're getting.

I would most likely never buy a turbo of any sort off eBay, unless it was described and looked "original, in need of rebuild" and I had some spare time. You don't know what you're getting unless you have it in your hands, but you can better your chances of not buying crap by doing a lot of research first.

I would not do an ebay turbo. Not only have a heard bad things, I have seen them with my own eyes.

Wow all this negativity, me personally I've been running an Ebay EVO III knock off for around 10 thousand miles. It has no shaft play, and works perfectly. It holds 20PSI, but honestly I haven't tried higher because I don't have the fueling to support it. I will say though if you get an Ebay turbo Imediatley through out the included install kit, its junk. Order a new install kit from extremepsi.com Also you will need to port out the waste-gate passage because its cast ridiculously small, as well as adjust the wastegate actuator properly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back