The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Easy mods?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRippedNerd

Proven Member
May 1, 2021
Denver, Colorado
So I have a 1995 EVO 3 and I was wondering what are some easy power adder mods that don't require a tune of some sort after installation?

Well these are for 1g/2g dsm, most people use the parts off my car for theirs, does this still apply to EVO? I get the concept still applies, maintenance first, then basic air flow stuff, then injector and pump, turn boost up and tune, then bigger turbo and tune etc etc. But I've never messed with EVO's before so I'm wondering if it's all the same?

See that was my biggest question is how similar are these Motors to the 1g/2g's? I've only ever had experience with 1g/2g gsx's , this is my first evo so I'm kind of learning as I go. The only hard part is finding parts that fit mine, cause i can't just put a 1g or 2g downpipe on my car or CAI .

Yeah and I totally understand that, I'm not looking to swap parts, just curious what aftermarket parts for the 1g2g will fit my car?

Well these are for 1g/2g dsm, most people use the parts off my car for theirs, does this still apply to EVO? I get the concept still applies, maintenance first, then basic air flow stuff, then injector and pump, turn boost up and tune, then bigger turbo and tune etc etc. But I've never messed with EVO's before so I'm wondering if it's all the same?
We already explained in your another post.
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/evo-3-1g-2g-part-swap.534089/

Strictly speaking, any mods that affects air/fuel would require tuning. My suggestion is get something that would allow you to tune first. Your ecu works with ECMLink (Lite) that would be sufficient for most of cases and even cheaper than the full version. And then would start to add parts would give you more choices.

Before you decide what parts you want. Set some goals. Goals are not a list of parts you want.
Yeah the shop that's helping me with this build knows my goals and hp range I want. Everything I'm reading, everyone is saying the same thing, which is good cause i see the severity in tuning over anything else. So I appreciate the advice, I'll just stick to the plan we have set then. They themselves even said "maintenance first, then bigger injectors, pump and tune next" everything you all are saying and other forums, is exactly what they said at the shop. So, ill just shut and be patient then and let them do their job LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back