The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink Early Tuning Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Davis

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2019
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Hello,

Im new to using DSMLink and have some questions, I've attached a kinda long log that shows alot of normal driving and a couple of short pulls. Can someone look at the log and tell me if something looks off?

Ever since I got link the car hasn't driven the greatest but I can never tell why and I seem to get phantom knock like crazy. It drove fine on the stock ecu but i went bigger injectors and wanted to try link.

I've tested for boost leaks, changed plugs/wires, changed MAF, routed IC piping differently and messed with the tables myself but I can't seem to get it right LOL and no matter what if I do pulls after like 90mph the car falls on its face and starts pulling timing from knock even if my tables are conservative on timing.

In these instances of me doing these short pulls the car is running a little rich so i'm guessing tha'ts why these pulls were pretty crummy but even if my A/F's are in the high 10s-low 11s it still refuses to pull top end. Any pointers would be helpful, cause as you can see, I don't really know what I'm doing.

I'm on a td05 20g with supporting fuel mods, 3in exhaust/evo 3 ex mani, Comp101200 cams, short routed FMIC. thank you!

Attachments

• log.2021.11.23-05.elg
    380.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd start with loading the 2g timing map. Looks like you're using 1g timing table which is pretty aggressive. Load both min & max timing tables.

I'd also make changes to your target afr leaning it out a bit 11.0 is where I'd like to run on pump. So the area in blue is where you'd make these change in maxoct table. As long as you always run 91 or 93, you don't have to worry about the minOct table but you can copy and paste the maxoct table over to your minoct.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Your MAFComp slider should be smooth like this. This is where you'll make adjustments to get to your target afr's.

There's a lot of info on how to tune and tuning MAF is so easy a caveman can do it. It's best to learn for yourself, but if you need help, we're here.

Log your wbFactor. This will help us with different WB's to see what's going on. Also a good idea to log ecuboost.

Last edited:
Solid Advice! Thanks Tony!

I'd start with loading the 2g timing map. Looks like you're using 1g timing table which is pretty aggressive. Load both min & max timing tables.

I'd also make changes to your target afr leaning it out a bit 11.0 is where I'd like to run on pump. So the area in blue is where you'd make these change in maxoct table. As long as you always run 91 or 93, you don't have to worry about the minOct table but you can copy and paste the maxoct table over to your minoct.

Your MAFComp slider should be smooth like this. This is where you'll make adjustments to get to your target afr's.

There's a lot of info on how to tune and tuning MAF is so easy a caveman can do it. It's best to learn for yourself, but if you need help, we're here.

Log your wbFactor. This will help us with different WB's to see what's going on. Also a good idea to log ecuboost.
Thanks! I’ll load in that 2G map and update if I run into any hiccups

The only real annoying thing right now is if I let off the throttle a little too quickly the car will go too rich and try to die on me, are the injectors just staying on too long or what is that?

The only real annoying thing right now is if I let off the throttle a little too quickly the car will go too rich and try to die on me, are the injectors just staying on too long or what is that?
Are you simulating idle switch? When it’s selected, it turns off the injectors for a brief period when you go off throttle. Have you done idle or cruise tune? Post a log too

Post a 3 minute log of it just idling with the car fully warmed up. Is you bov vented to atmosphere?

Last edited:
Are you simulating idle switch? When it’s selected, it turns off the injectors for a brief period when you go off throttle. Have you done idle or cruise tune? Post a log too

Post a 3 minute log of it just idling with the car fully warmed up. Is you bov vented to atmosphere?
I tried to simulate idle switch from tps and it still does the same, my BOV is recirculated, I will post a log hopefully soon, my laptop just went out on me yesterday

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back