The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Early Signs of Crankwalk???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTBigYellow

Probationary Member
Jul 19, 2002
Blacksburg, Blacksburg_VA
hey everyone, what're the early signs of crankwalk. i have a 95gst with just light mods and 73K on it. i noticed that every once in a while the clutch would lose pressure until about 3/4 of the way down. the clutch fluid is fine and everything else is fine. i just heard somewhere that the clutch sticking in the down position was the earliest sign of crankwalk. what're some other symptoms and if it is crankwalk, what can i do? thanks in advance.

You can look this up anywhere. But some symptoms are a clutch pedal that sticks while making left turns. A worn crankangle sensor. And varying engagement points frokm time to time. There are other symptoms that i can't remember but the main one is the crank angle sensor.

my clutch was doing that about a week ago, my dad bled the clutch and the hydraulic fluid was really dirty. We filled it back up and it was running fine this whole week until today, it went bad again. I was just checking if my clutch stuck down while taking a left turn but it didn't. I looked at the fluid resovoir (sp?) today and I noticed a little fluid around it on the cables going to the firewall. I'm not too knowledgable about cars so sorry about the vague terms.

Sounds like your master cylinder is shot. Not a big deal it happens somtimes. It costs about $300 for a mechanic to do it but if your dad knows how to it can be pretty cheap.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back