The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Early 95 Talon Rear Guide Bolt Length

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Detail

Supporting VIP
May 28, 2003
Marietta, Georgia
Guys,
Looking to replace my rear caliper bolts for my early build 95 Talon (the one with the vented rear rotors).

The replacement part showed up today from Advance Auto. Part number is 14907A Buy USA Brake Disc Brake Caliper Bolt/Pin 14907A at Advance Auto Parts.

Both bolts are somewhat shorter than the originals. New bolt is 3 and 1/8". Existing part is 3 7/16". Should be this alarming.

Yes, you should be alarmed. The bolts you were given are for the non-vented rotor rear caliper - do not use them.

Order the pin for the early 3000GT VR4 (Z16A) - that's the same part as used on the early 2GAWDs, according to CAPS.

>94.10 build date 2Gs are characterised by their vented rear rotors, whereas 94.11+ have solid rear rotors; if you can order by VIN or build date you would get them, but 94 build date 2Gs are still classed as model year 1995.

In New England, C.A.P. & NAPA differentiate, but that's all I've found.

Yup, you are correct. I always hated how the OEM's would make the "next model year" sometimes so early on in the previous year. Or when they do the "mid-year changes"; just makes it hard to get parts sometimes. All three Talons I've owned here early build '95's with he vented rear rotors... so I always just ordered rear brakes for the 1g dsm and they worked out fine.

can anyone give the proper spec'ed length/ I have the vented rotors, but didn't get the calipers (don't ask) or the pins but i have FWD front pins and calipers and wanted to use the lathe to make those pins work if i can find or modify other calipers to fit

Good catch people. I'll try for some 3kgt pins and see. I ended up just taking the rubber pieces off the new slides and putting them on the old ones. But I've found I also need a replacement rear caliper (vented). Whats the specific version of the 3kgt I need to hunt for?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back