The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Eagle Talon Tsi 1997 Headlight Wiring Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredRider

Proven Member
Sep 11, 2019
Clewiston, Florida
Hey all! So here’s the situation I’m in. I noticed that one of my headlight bulbs went out so I decided to change it But as soon as I went to change it it went out again so I decided to look into the wiring and it was completely just I guess burnt off or chipped off. I’ll put some pictures down there I’ve already gone to different auto stores to look for the replacement wires but I can’t seem to find any anywhere. I was wondering if you guys could help me out in order for me to fix it I don’t know if I should just use electric tape and wrap it all and just hope for the best or is there a way to actually fix them or buy the wiring.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    970.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    887.6 KB · Views: 55
Boy, there was a dead short there for sure. Can you not salvage or replace the correct wiring and get a replacement plug for the light? I haven't checked into the availability of a plug but surely it is out there or in a salvage from any number of cars that may use the same connector.
A quick google search resulted in this, but I don't know if it is the correct plug. Take a look.
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/find/1997-eagle-talon-headlight-connector.c7167

Replace any wires that looks compromised. Soldering is not difficult nor expensive. One time purchases on soldering iron, flux, solder and heat shrink. They also have new butt connectors that have solder and heat shrink built in if you don’t want to solder.

Why is it all cut up? Looks like somebody has been in there before. Possible previous botched HID install?
Probably from the previous owner who didn’t know what he was doing to be honest.

Boy, there was a dead short there for sure. Can you not salvage or replace the correct wiring and get a replacement plug for the light? I haven't checked into the availability of a plug but surely it is out there or in a salvage from any number of cars that may use the same connector.
A quick google search resulted in this, but I don't know if it is the correct plug. Take a look.
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/find/1997-eagle-talon-headlight-connector.c7167
Thanks I will take a look at it. So what you’re saying is to see if I can get the same wires and just replace them? Is that correct? Sorry if I misunderstood you I’m still a beginner to all of this.

Replace any wires that looks compromised. Soldering is not difficult nor expensive. One time purchases on soldering iron, flux, solder and heat shrink. They also have new butt connectors that have solder and heat shrink built in if you don’t want to solder.
Oooh interesting I will look into that. Thanks for the advice !

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, just trace the wiring back to a point where it is good and then do as @TK's9d2TSi suggest's and solder or butt connect new wires to a new plug (if a new plug is needed).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back