The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Eagle Summit AWD - 4G63 powered sleeper project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I went to the track to test my FP Red, had the closest race against a C4 Corvette, ran a personal best of 11.65@ 121. Then an awesome race against a Camaro and finally lose a close loss to a monster Mustang. I was told that this was a 1000hp Mustang. Sure seemed fast!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I will post some logs later.

Some new developments for the Summit, I painted it Blue By You color and took it back to the track! It ran personal best: 11.57@123!

Some new developments for the Summit, I painted it Blue By You color and took it back to the track! It ran personal best: 11.57@123!

Damn, I need one!

At the end of the year, I went to Hudson Speedway for some testing.

The good news, Moroso oil pan is working! I didn’t run out of oil!

The bad news, all that oil collecting in the head and being pushed to the right, eventually made its way to the engine VC vents, down the tubes and onto the exhaust… that is the cause of that smoke. Pretty much the best possible scenario 😉

And it alerted me of that leak! Otherwise, I would have kept oiling the track 😮

I need a good catch can and another vent on the left side of the engine.

Last edited:
Glad the testing went well overall!

That’s awesome to read that the Moroso pan works for oil control! I bought the same pan in hopes that it protects my new engine.

I wonder if the Kiggly HLA regulator might help your situation with all the oil collecting up in the head?

This was with Kiggly HLA regulator! ;)

This was a two lap race, which is unusual for spectator drags and you can see that I had enough capacity for one lap, but not for two. Looks like it too 1.5 lap to fill my head with our and reach the VC vents.

Last edited:
Nope! Reversing direction would be great for oil pickup, But…. It would be terrible for fuel pick up! So pick your poison 😂 I would definitely need to add a surge tank.

But reversing the direction is not an option on many many tracks, because of exit design, it would not be safe to race in the opposite direction.

Personally, I would love it it, because it would screw with cars set up for left turn only (my cars alway had even set-up).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back