The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G eagle crank

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myturbo

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 28, 2008
wichita, Kansas
was wondering if eagle stock stroke cranks are even very good im planning on a slowest time of 10 flat are they even better than stock cranks im fixen to take my motor out to put in eagle rods & weico pistons and im wantin stock strock stroke because i love rpm im wantin to turn about 10K

I turned 10k on my stock crank and made about 400hp. I just got my eagle 100mm crank. Looks solid.

The eagle cranks are great! ...MANY of the high hp runners have used OEM cranks that have been cryo treated, and the entire rotating assembly has been perfectly balanced though.

Eagle crank's are 4340 forged steel, the strongest cranks for most applications. There are people spinning the stock crank to 900hp and jake montgomery and a lot of other people are breaking 10s with them easy. Bit overkill for what you want.

i have yet to hear of a failed oem crank...

stick with the mitsu crank and get everything balanced at the machine shop. spend the money to upgrade something else.

i have yet to hear of a failed oem crank...

stick with the mitsu crank and get everything balanced at the machine shop. spend the money to upgrade something else.

I can't remember who it was... but one of the top guys did have a 4g64 crank snap. Since then it has spread around that the 4g64 cranks are "prone" to cracking. I've yet to see this personally but look how the crankwalk era went.

I bought a crank for my 88 Beretta GT from a company through another company. The crank was suppose to be an OEM Reman. I put the crank in my engine with the bearings that came with it and things were great. After less than 1500 miles the engine started to hammer with a very odd vibration, then died. We pulled the pan and the crankshaft split in half on the #5 rod journal.

I sent the crankshaft in and they did xrays, and tests on it and determined the crank failed due to a hairline fracture and they gave me quite a bit of money for the labor, costs of parts, etc... So... it does happen.

I can't remember who it was... but one of the top guys did have a 4g64 crank snap. Since then it has spread around that the 4g64 cranks are "prone" to cracking. I've yet to see this personally but look how the crankwalk era went.

I bought a crank for my 88 Beretta GT from a company through another company. The crank was suppose to be an OEM Reman. I put the crank in my engine with the bearings that came with it and things were great. After less than 1500 miles the engine started to hammer with a very odd vibration, then died. We pulled the pan and the crankshaft split in half on the #5 rod journal.

I sent the crankshaft in and they did xrays, and tests on it and determined the crank failed due to a hairline fracture and they gave me quite a bit of money for the labor, costs of parts, etc... So... it does happen.

well so far my crank has held up to 22psi and about 385 awhp

I've seen proof of a 4g64 crank holding up to over 600hp and 35psi so I know that it should be good if people don't have the money for an Eagle crankshaft.

Every piece of eqipment in never gonna be the same.... there is going to be a defect or a weakness in a couple of products even if they were made by the same company.... the stock 4g63 crank is very strong but it is only as strong as the rest of your motor.... if your motor isn't balanced properly, if it isn't getting oiled properly, if you rev the piss out of it, it increases the chance of failure.... If you spend time rebuilding your engine and have the crank checked out and your engine well balanced then you should be good on the stocker.... but if you want a stronger crank for a piece of mind and security, then the eagle crank would be a good choice.....

They are very strong when balanced and knife edged when john shep ran 7.95, 182.25 1/4 mile at 55 psi it was on a stock crank that had been knife edged and balanced i don't know about now but he use to run stock crank.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back