The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

General E85 on 1000s and a holset, seems to be done?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Update! I was able to run 29psi on my hx35 flowing around 42lbs/min. at 93% injector duty cycle. Before switching to e85 I upgraded the line from the filter to rail to a -6 ss line and that alone dropped my IDC 10%. Most likely more because the log I based IDC on before the line was only at 25psi, and this pull was on 29-30psi. So the feed line really really helps! And it loves timing!! I am sad though that I don't have the bottom end to really add some timing and more boost. O well 1grod/2g piston is working good for now.

The only thing I am dealing with now is Some boost issues. Within less than a week the car ran funny whiel trying to build boost. It does not like to roll into boost and spool very slow. I am thinking fuel filter or gummed up injectors. I know the fuel filter needs to be changed a few times after the first few tanks but this was awefully quick. I will make a separate thread about this, since I can't get my laptop back for a few days to look at IDCs and stuff.

This is why Im going to get an hx40 8/12 blade. I was going to upgrade to an hx35 over my 16g but at that boost level your running and only seeing 42lb/min its really not an upgrade. Wonder what she would do around 40-45psi.

I have not noticed any coolant temp changed, but I have not looked either. I have a 180 thermostate with no a/c fan. I just use the stock radiator fan and even on hot 85 degree days at idle, the CEL 215 degree light comes on for a few seconds. Crusing it never does.

The 8 blade is rated for 52lbs/min but I have maxed out my fuel set up and am still very safe at 11.2 A/F. And I added a decent amount of timing but I kept it very safe since it is my daily and I don't want to push it...yet. I will look on the log tomorrow and see what exactly what timing is.

I have a feeling this winter I will be drpping the pan and off comes the head for a ross/eagle combo. Cams to! :p Once I figure out this clog or whatever is going on I am going to the track and seeing what she does.

This is why Im going to get an hx40 8/12 blade. I was going to upgrade to an hx35 over my 16g but at that boost level your running and only seeing 42lb/min its really not an upgrade. Wonder what she would do around 40-45psi.

Keep in mind he's on the stock cams/intake manifold, whereas anyone with a 16g flowing around 40lbs definitely has cams and maybe not the smim.

I am happy with the turbo, picked it up for 100 bucks, bought a bolt on housing. So for 300bucks I can't complain. The turbo starts building boost around 2500prms and full 29-30psi by 3800rpms. Makes peak torque on the log around 5200rpms and 3rd gear feels really nice up top.

Look here for the flow charts for the Walbro pumps. Walbro Pump Flow Info
It looks like a 255hp will deliver around 180lph @ 72psi. So you are definitely going to want to remove any restrictions to flow to be able to get close to maxing the injectors out. I have a rewired 255hp with FIC 1000's and I upgraded the filter and filter to rail line to -6AN. I will have results on a hx35 and e85 in a couple of weeks. I have a date scheduled to get my car tuned on the dyno for June 6th.

This sounds like an awesome setup. Please post the results of the tune on the forums when you get back, I am very interested in what you will put down. Im on a similar setup myself (except im on a 2.3l...)

This summer will be a FRESH wiseco/eagle 2.3L, TRE stg 2 Tranny, and a GT3076r in a bolt on housing. This turbo, which is capable of 52lbs/min much like the HX35. Im just looking for some advice on what to do with my fuel system...

Right now it has an non-rewired walbro 255, stock fuel filter and feed, Aeromotive AFPR and stainless return line, and FIC 850cc injectors. Now, for the e85 switch I have already decided to rewire the 255, and sell the 850cc injectors and get some 1200cc or bigger injectors.

Now here is the question... Should I get the STM tank to rail fuel kit here, or would I be better off just getting the filter and feed line from extreme psi from here? And save myself some $$ and time...

I just thinking that where the aftermarket fuel filter meets the stock hard fuel line it might be a restriction, but I don't know for sure. The only thing I do know is I want a filter that is easy to clean after all of these clogged filter stories... Im just looking to max the GT30r out... I have BC272s and a SMIM to go along with that...

Anybody here install the tank to line kit? How much did it help with IDC? Was it worth it?

-Grant

I run a single boosted 255 and 1450cc injectors on e85 with 2.3L on a hx40 at 30 psi and can bury my AEM windeband at 10:1 afr(the richest it will read)

now whats all this talk about formulas and bosch 044's my car couldn't hear over the turbo whine...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back