The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

E85 + 50 shot ok????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I used a 100 shot on E85 at 40 psi. Like mentioned above take precautions like back the timing down a few degrees and don't get too aggressive.

id say go with methonal if u have the money,but thats just me,1 thing i learned is it takes all but 1 time from nitrous to blow any built engine up,it doesnt matter what tune is on it or anything it can still go boom

All it takes is one time with meth hitting your rev limit an fuel getting cut an you can chuck a rod out the side the block...Its Not any safer

As stated, be sure to get everything dial in on E85 first, then remove some timing and go ahead and run the spray. Be careful though as the 7 bolt shortblock isn't known for taking torque too well.

Make sure you compensate the fuel jet for e85 as well, otherwise you will run lean. I was researching a large shot on my car this year, there is some info out there on jet sizing for e85.

Make sure you compensate the fuel jet for e85 as well, otherwise you will run lean. I was researching a large shot on my car this year, there is some info out there on jet sizing for e85.

I was thinking about this yesterday. My logic is since I use about 30% more fuel for e85 i should use a jet 30% bigger for the fuel. Now my next question is I am debating on keeping the nitrious on the entire 1/4 mile run. How safe is that? Would I benefit thorugh the entire run?

I was thinking about this yesterday. My logic is since I use about 30% more fuel for e85 i should use a jet 30% bigger for the fuel. Now my next question is I am debating on keeping the nitrious on the entire 1/4 mile run. How safe is that? Would I benefit thorugh the entire run?

I had a buddy that would run is civic hatch with 150 shot on a built N/A motor and when he was running slicks, even spraying off of the line, he never had a problem with traction. I say if you can get traction then yes, run spray through the entire run.

I wouldn't run it right off the line since your FWD and it's not gonna be that much of a help. I would spray from 2nd on though.

I wouldn't run it right off the line since your FWD and it's not gonna be that much of a help. I would spray from 2nd on though.

Ill be using the shot to build boost on the line. With the pte turbo i have I cannot build any boost.. so my 60' is shit.

Unless you have wrinkle walls, and killer suspension, a fully spooled large turbo on a shot of nitrous is just going to spin.

I will only be building boost to around 10 psi... I will have to play with it to see where I can get a good 60' without spinning to much. The last time I did the 1/4 I had a 2.6 60' and went 121mph trap speed. My 60 really killed me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back